Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting details

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,719 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    I planning on renting an apartment in Feb with the girlfriend, im just wondering what will i be asked for in terms of references and bank statements and that,
    Iv never lived out of home before, and if they do look for a bank statement will it just be for the 2 previous months, as iv been livng at home itend to splash out on myself i do go into my overdraft every so often so will this hold aginst me,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You shouldn't have to be showing bank statements. I got a letter from my bank saying I can afford the monthly rent. That's all that was needed. I was asked for a landlord reference but didn't have one as I was moving out of my parents.

I doubt you'll have any problems, landlords are crying out for tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hey folks
    I planning on renting an apartment in Feb with the girlfriend, im just wondering what will i be asked for in terms of references and bank statements and that,
    Iv never lived out of home before, and if they do look for a bank statement will it just be for the 2 previous months, as iv been livng at home itend to splash out on myself i do go into my overdraft every so often so will this hold aginst me,

Thanks

Just moved in with the gf there at the start of this month (are you sure you wanna do it?) Anyway, As we were moving from home he didn't need landlord references but took work references, ie. Character ref. I brought a full bank statement but he just took one page of it to set up the standing order so I don't think they'll be too worried about that. After all it's a renters market.

Just make sure that there's nothing needing fixing in the apartment. We had a few bits and were assured they would be fixed straight away. A month later it's still ongoing. The landlords fine and stuffs getting done, just not in that much of a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Moved in with my OH last weekend - much like yourself we both moved straight from our parents house.
    We have a private landlord rather than a letting agent and were not asked for references or bank statments. There are loads of properties out there so I really dont think they are too strict on references etc.

Enjoy moving in together! It is the best thing ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Cathooo wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to be showing bank statements. I got a letter from my bank saying I can afford the monthly rent. That's all that was needed. I was asked for a landlord reference but didn't have one as I was moving out of my parents.

I doubt you'll have any problems, landlords are crying out for tenants.
    +1

Here's your reference right here.

eurosbh.th.png

Advertisement