Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent hillwalking article from Irish Times

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/travel/2009/1128/1224259584836.html

Think this article from Saturday's Irish Times deserves a mention. Article about Adrian Hendroff who has climbed all 278 of Ireland’s 600m summits... something I can only dream about achieving!!

Anyone else close to doing this? I have most of the County Tops done and have started into all the 2000ft+ mountains (as per Paddy Dillon's book) but still only in the early stages..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Enduro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

paulocon wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/travel/2009/1128/1224259584836.html

Think this article from Saturday's Irish Times deserves a mention. Article about Adrian Hendroff who has climbed all 278 of Ireland’s 600m summits... something I can only dream about achieving!!

Anyone else close to doing this? I have most of the County Tops done and have started into all the 2000ft+ mountains (as per Paddy Dillon's book) but still only in the early stages..

is there a group that wants to do them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Enduro wrote: »

Cheers for the link, another great read - amazing achievement within one calendar year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Enduro

There's a few other great reads on the IMRA site in the reading section. This for me is inspiring stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

is there a map of these peaks?
    That is definitely something I'd be interested in knocking out (maybe slightly more than a year though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

is there a map of these peaks?
    That is definitely something I'd be interested in knocking out (maybe slightly more than a year though)

The excellent 'Mountains of Ireland' has the 212 2000 footers in it, that's what I am concentrating on at the moment. Very much a long term goal for me as I have a young family so my walking time is quite restricted.

There are other lists about, namely the Tacit Tables.

MountainViews.ie is also an excellent resource an you can customise lists based on heights etc.

Advertisement