Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Parnell Street

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

On my way to work today I noticed a lot of Gardai and forensic officers outside a Chinese food shop on Parnell Street not far from where I work.

The shop wasn't cordoned or screened off and as I walked past it, it was clear to see the inside of the shop was covered in blood. Really covered! There was track of blood, about the width of a person, along the floor heading in the direction of the door.

Two things about this:

1 - I'm surprised the Garda didn't screen it off as passers by (such as myself) couldn't help but sneak a peak.

2 - There's absolutely nothing in the news about this.

(apologies if this shouldn't be posted here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

eeeek!What shop was it?I go into the shops there all the time. I want to avoid the blood soaked one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My mates are living on Parnell Street and have been haslled by junkies routinely over the last few months, and attacked a few times as well.

Seen a good few fights, guards laying the smackdown, etc, as well on Parnell Street. It's gotten a lot worse in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

ketchup accident?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

That entire section of Parnell Street between Mountjoy Square and the Parnell monument is far and away the worst part of Dublin city centre. It's just been abandoned by the Council. Contrast that to the great job which they have done on O Connell Street and you can only wonder why they have let this area become Dublin's new ghetto. It is screaming out for urban renewal, and the restaurants are in dire need of honest, regular health and safety inspections.

Náire orthu go léir.

Rebelheart wrote: »
    That entire section of Parnell Street between Mountjoy Square and the Parnell monument is far and away the worst part of Dublin city centre. It's just been abandoned by the Council. Contrast that to the great job which they have done on O Connell Street and you can only wonder why they have let this area become Dublin's new ghetto. It is screaming out for urban renewal, and the restaurants are in dire need of honest, regular health and safety inspections.

Náire orthu go léir.
    Fuck off with your foreign language :pac:

• Advertisement

Scary Mary.

Strange that there's no mention on the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ketchup accident?

More likely to be sweet and sour sauce accident?

panda100 wrote: »
    More likely to be sweet and sour sauce accident?
    My sweet 'n sour is usually greeny brown :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Fuck off with your foreign language :pac:

So, what's your problem with the English language then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

My sweet 'n sour is usually greeny brown :confused:

When it goes in, or when it comes out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

My mates are living on Parnell Street and have been haslled by junkies routinely over the last few months, and attacked a few times as well.

Seen a good few fights, guards laying the smackdown, etc, as well on Parnell Street. It's gotten a lot worse in the last year or so.

I was working in a shop on the corner of Dominik street and Parnell street (opposite the Ilac) this summer and summer 2 years ago. It definitely has gotten worse within the last two years.

Worst I saw 2 years ago was a pretty large fight outside the Dominick street flats, (15-20 people involved but Gards quickly showed) but this year? My boss got bottled, guy had to hide in the shop from a junkie trying to attack him, seen plenty of arrests inside and outside the Ilac and were always getting calls off Ilac security saying watch out for "description" he's a shoplifter type stuff. Saw a car getting joyriden up and down dominick street as well in broad daylight.

Not to mention the kids who live there are a shower of little bastards, seems they're banned from every shop from the UCG up to O'Connell street.

Something needs to be done there quickly, do up the Dominick street flats and throw in some new facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Wow, I lived up on Parnell Street for 5 years and never got hassled once. Always amazes me how some people just seem to attract trouble.. But of course, it's the area. Couldn't happen anywhere else :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

grundie wrote: »
    On my way to work today I noticed a lot of Gardai and forensic officers outside a Chinese food shop on Parnell Street not far from where I work.

The shop wasn't cordoned or screened off and as I walked past it, it was clear to see the inside of the shop was covered in blood. Really covered! There was track of blood, about the width of a person, along the floor heading in the direction of the door.

Two things about this:

1 - I'm surprised the Garda didn't screen it off as passers by (such as myself) couldn't help but sneak a peak.

2 - There's absolutely nothing in the news about this.

(apologies if this shouldn't be posted here)

Apparently,a fish got battered

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

never had any hassle there and i cycle the whole thing every day. But I have seen some nastiness. A few months back saw man on ground, blood all over the place, garda, ambulences etc, some junkie got torn up with a knife in broad daylight.
    Last week I saw a scumbag punch a tracksuited woman full force in the face outside the Parnell entrance of the Ilac centre, right beside a security guard who did nothing, but then again neither did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Last week I saw a scumbag punch a tracksuited woman full force in the face outside the Parnell entrance of the Ilac centre

She must have answered back... some wimmin never learn!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Lived on nth king street for 2 years and pass Parnell St every day and its rough enough but never had anything bad happen. Have your wits about you, as with most of the north city and youll be grand. The Dominic St. flats are rough though.

Advertisement