Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N63 - Galway to Roscommon?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,
    Just wondering what is the situation with the N63 from Galway to Roscommon. Is it open or closed... not depending on AA Roadwatch on this occasion as they had it wrong this morning particularly in relation to local routes around Carnmore this morning. I've been commuting daily between Roscommon / Galway via Ballinasloe and Athlone for past fortnight. I know it was closed at Ballyglunin and Horseleap Cross. Can anybody advise?

Cheers in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's fine now,

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

The www.galway.ie website still says it's closed between Horseleap Cross and Moylough. Can someone confirm if that's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 limestonelad

Yep, it is closed due to a massive amount of water still on the road just past Ballinastack. Horseleap cross is open and there is a minor diversion in place, depending on whether you are heading east or west ... but it is only a very minor diversion. So you may continue as normal ...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

If Roscommon or beyond is your destination you can take a shortcut to the N63. Saves a good 30 minutes coming from Galway.

Go Monivea - Moylough - Castleblakeny - Caltra - N63, just outside of Ballyforan. I would advise reviewing it on a map.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The N63 is an apallingly poor road. It's a death trap, like so many roads in North and East County Galway.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement