Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel router help

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I just got a zyxel wireless router to work with my laptop and xbox360
    I set up the router went through the wizard grand at the end it came up sucesfull your router is connected.so I open firefox get an error cannot connect to the Internet as I have limited or no conectivy?I open the the xbox up scan for the router finds it does connect to the router but won't connect to the net anyone help me on this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I'm running vista and I went in to diagnostics got this message"securitypolicy settings on this computer might be blocking the connection anyone got any ideas on what to do I turned off the firwall still no joy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

ok went back in to the router changed the ip address from automatic to manual.now i can connect to the net sometimes the likes of boars.ie will open but google wont so wtf someone please help me out on this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

fox007 wrote: »
    ok went back in to the router changed the ip address from automatic to manual.now i can connect to the net sometimes the likes of boars.ie will open but google wont so wtf someone please help me out on this??

Is the router setup as a dhcp server? is your broadband plugged directly into the zyxel router or is it directly connected to another router?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

fox007 wrote: »
    I just got a zyxel wireless router to work with my laptop and xbox360
    I set up the router went through the wizard grand at the end it came up sucesfull your router is connected.so I open firefox get an error cannot connect to the Internet as I have limited or no conectivy?I open the the xbox up scan for the router finds it does connect to the router but won't connect to the net anyone help me on this??

Is your wireless card scanning?

Try this

my computer - right click on it - manage - Services - Wireless Zero Configuration

If its not started, start it

See If that helps

I take it your using the wireless and not ethernet?

Advertisement