Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Junk Mail" Sticker

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

As he said though its a high quality sign that lasts 7 years and he will deliver it to your door for a fiver, sure you couldnt get a taxi in this city for less than 8 euro...bargain for a life without junk mail. And besides he is just a guy trying to get off the dole...give him a wee break and a shot..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

At my house this morning I had a lad drop a leaflet in my mailbox which is at the side.I went out to get the item only to find that the youth had just pissed against my gate.When confronted all he said was he did not speak english and just walked away.

A punch to the back of the head needs no translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

RebelRebel wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a "No Junk Mail" Sticker. Anything to reduce the amount of rubbish i get in the door that goes straight to the recycling bin.

Thanks,
    RR

You could just print one off and laminate it. You can buy them in many hardware stores now.
    I suggest you add another line

"No Junk Mail
    No Sales Reps"

Works 95% (only the odd newby foreigner doesn't get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Bosshogg wrote: »
    You could just print one off and laminate it. You can buy them in many hardware stores now.

"No Junk Mail
    No Sales Reps"

Works 95% (only the odd newby foreigner doesn't get it)

I've recently changed mine (just for the laugh) reading:

"No Junk Mail
    Offenders Will Be Prosecuted"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Even more to send back to the morans who cant read my sign :)
    Whats wrong with the Morans? Lovely family from No 27...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bosshogg wrote: »

"No Junk Mail
    No Sales Reps"
    Does that deter the almost daily calls from dodgy looking people trying to convince me I need my cobblelock driveway powerwashed/relaid/sanded/sealed/whatever? If so, it's going on there straight away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Alun wrote: »
    Does that deter the almost daily calls from dodgy looking people trying to convince me I need my cobblelock driveway powerwashed/relaid/sanded/sealed/whatever? If so, it's going on there straight away!

Nah you need the one that says
    Sales reps
    using this
    door bell will be
    ELECTROCUTED

Then all you need is large brass bell button and leave a pair of burnt shoes at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

I find it funny, alot of people have very little to worry about, a couple of letters in the door just put it in the bin and get over it.

Yes it can be annoying with the pizza & clothes mail coming all the time but small businesses strugling in the present climate rely on flyers etc to let people know of there services etc, this is once of mail and most people should give these particular guys a break. The irony is when they come out nearly ready to hit you, after you explain what they are they want the flyer back!! So relax ppl....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The problem, Mr CJ, is that it is not once-off for the householder, some areas get loads of stuff which pi55es off householders who have to dispose of it. People don't like unwanted stuff constantly dumped on them, and there is also the security issue of flyers sticking out of a letterboxall day and in some cases noisy pre-dawn deliveries.
    In many cases it only serves to alienate the very customers you want to attract.
    Btw, it was just as rampant during the boom when businesses were doing well.

Personally it doesn't bother me too much, perhaps that's because thankfully I don't get much junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

CJ you have a vested interest, obviously, in delivery the junk. As a receiver, who has to pay for recycling and who doesn't want any of the products offered, I have every right to refuse to accept the stuff. Stick it anywhere you like, but not where people ask you not to, please!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I put up such a label a week before we went on holidays and when we came back the usual pile of junk mail wasn't there - just 2 companies ignored the sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Mr CJ wrote: »
    I find it funny, alot of people have very little to worry about, a couple of letters in the door just put it in the bin and get over it.

Yes it can be annoying with the pizza & clothes mail coming all the time but small businesses strugling in the present climate rely on flyers etc to let people know of there services etc, this is once of mail and most people should give these particular guys a break. The irony is when they come out nearly ready to hit you, after you explain what they are they want the flyer back!! So relax ppl....

Dont remember ever asking for the flyer back whilst chasing the junk mailers with my hounds.....release the beasts there's MR CJ with his junk mail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

parsi wrote: »
    I put up such a label a week before we went on holidays and when we came back the usual pile of junk mail wasn't there - just 2 companies ignored the sticker.

I put one up 2 years ago on my late mother's house, as I didn't want junk mail lying about advertising the place was vacant. 3 companies ignored it - I emailed or phoned each. They all apologised and it never re-occured.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dave! wrote: »
    Just type it up and print it out laike, easy :p
    Or just get a marker

green-no-junk-mail-mailbox-thumb655369.jpg

I like this one!
    no-junk-mail.jpg?w=375&h=500

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Used a cheap labeller to make mine, works 99% of the time.

The 'bogus clothes collectors' don’t seem to understand the sign and every now and then the odd piece of junk does come tru the letter box.

Whilst I have no way of returning the 'bogus clothes collectors' junk mail I do post back any other piece of junk mail to the companies directly, naturally with no stamp, mark it as 'IMPORTANT MAIL' and a nice little letter reminding them I don’t want their crap.

I think I am in love with you

Thats genius.

Always wanted to post them back but obviously with the whole cost of stamps thing I didn't bother.

I'm off to get me some envelopes :)

Advertisement