Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in my company

• 30-11-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I work in Truvo Ireland (we publish the Golden Pages, goldenpages.ie and Truvo.ie amongst other stuff) and thought it might be of interest to others that there are a few jobs just opened up here. The link to the jobs is: http://info.truvo.ie/careers/join-us
    It's a great company to work for; young, trendy and into lots of new media stuff so just thought I'd put it out there! :)

Hard to see people struggling these days so it's important to spread the word.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Won't be applying myself :) but good on you for spreading the good word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 HH Chick

Are all the positions that come available dublin based??? Just looked up ye'r web site, its looks like a fab place to work alright, I work in admin and do do telemarketing aswell.. but based in Kerry:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Fair play for posting that here. This has somewhat restored my faith in humanity !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 truvogirl

Thanks guys.
    To be honest it's nice to be able to tell people about this. There's such a negative perception out there it but some companies are still moving forwards and still positive. I'm really proud to work here in Truvo so delighted to be able to share the fact that we're hiring and can recommend working here.
    For instance, today we all raised nearly €500 euro in donations through a casual day for our charity partner, Our Lady's Hospital Crumlin, good spirit in here! On Saturday a few of us are doing a skydive for the charity too!!

HH Chick wrote: »
    Are all the positions that come available dublin based??? Just looked up ye'r web site, its looks like a fab place to work alright, I work in admin and do do telemarketing aswell.. but based in Kerry:)

Hi,

Yep, all the jobs are Dublin based, sorry! We're on Waterloo Road, just off Baggot street. Unless you're thinking of leaving the kingdom, ha ha!
    Site only shows a tiny bit of what it's like here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 HH Chick

Ah stop any chance ye'd move down no??? Just built a house and cant afford to move again!!!
    Im in the most depressing office job EVER there's no communication at all, I go home and maon about the place for 2 hrs every evening (which my hubby doesn't be best pleased with LOL)
    Considering handing in my notice next wk but with the current climate not sure is this the smartest move. Then again it might just push me in the right direction:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

truvogirl wrote: »
    I work in Truvo Ireland (we publish the Golden Pages, goldenpages.ie and Truvo.ie amongst other stuff) and thought it might be of interest to others that there are a few jobs just opened up here. The link to the jobs is: http://info.truvo.ie/careers/join-us
    It's a great company to work for; young, trendy and into lots of new media stuff so just thought I'd put it out there! :)

Hope the positions inside "the Golden Pages" are better than the positions of people who deliver them. I know several people who delivered Golden Pages and they only stuck it for a few weeks, and that seems to be the norm. They are self employed positions, or at least used to be for 3 of the last 4 years, paid on piece rate, and most of the people delivering them now seem to be eastern europeans working long hours just to make a living. Its like leaflet distributing but with the need for a van or large estate car. After fuel + wear and tear etc you find you are left with less than the minimum wage, which is why there is a huge turnover of delivery people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Truvogirl,

Applied for one of these jobs about 4 months ago and heard nothing, is this standard?(Apologies if you not HR etc)

Working at the moment but would definitely be interested.

Brgds
    Johnny

hi Jimmmy. Been so busy lately haven't had a chance to get on here, apologies. Re: Your message above. Distribution of our products is not a self-employed position, you sure you've got the right company? Truvo use a company called Door to Door for distribution and I've only heard good stuff. One of my friends' husband works for them (he's Irish by the way as if that makes a difference) and he seems pretty happy with his job. Another colleague here has a son who works for them during his summer holidays and he's got no problems with it, glad of the cash and likes it. Don't know where your info comes from but doesn't sound right to me.

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Truvogirl,

Applied for one of these jobs about 4 months ago and heard nothing, is this standard?(Apologies if you not HR etc)

Working at the moment but would definitely be interested.

Brgds
    Johnny

Hey Johnny,

I just pm-ed you the contact email for someone in the HR dept who will look into it for you. Hope that helps. Standard practice, they told me, is to reply to all so it could be that a mail got lost in your junk mail folder. Anyway, there's a contact name there for you and you can talk to them.

There's also a couple of new jobs posted (the one you applied for last time is prob long filled!) on the site: http://info.truvo.ie/careers/join-us/ - don't know if their your area of interest but you never know!

Let me know how you get on!

TG

• Advertisement

HH Chick wrote: »
    Ah stop any chance ye'd move down no??? Just built a house and cant afford to move again!!!
    Im in the most depressing office job EVER there's no communication at all, I go home and maon about the place for 2 hrs every evening (which my hubby doesn't be best pleased with LOL)
    Considering handing in my notice next wk but with the current climate not sure is this the smartest move. Then again it might just push me in the right direction:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soooooo, you still there? Hope it's a bit improved now!
    Was in your neck of the woods over the Christmas hols! Lovely - FREEZING though!

There are jobs going in the Customer Service Dept and New Media Dept here! http://info.truvo.ie/careers/join-us/

New Media Dept is v cool, they work on all the sites and are a pretty lovely bunch of people (one of my friends works there and is the best, you could end up working with her!). Mind you, customer service dept has a popcorn machine which is notably absent from my floor, jealous! ha ha!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

There are jobs going in the Customer Service Dept and New Media Dept here! http://info.truvo.ie/careers/join-us/

New Media Dept is v cool, they work on all the sites and are a pretty lovely bunch of people (one of my friends works there and is the best, you could end up working with her!). Mind you, customer service dept has a popcorn machine which is notably absent from my floor, jealous! ha ha!

thanks for the link.. I applied and would most definitly be interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Does this stink of spam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭soden12

OMG, like WOW, best friend forever.. this sounds like a supercool place to work, could be the next Golden Pages .. really restores my faith in humanity to see a company spam a site for a cool job in a really cool company.

I'd love, like, to be working, like, with truvo, like, and having popcorn, like, while I go door to door, like, dropping off golden pages, like, for 2euro an hour, like. But it would be worth it because the girls in head office, like, have a popcorn machine and if I'm good they tell me I can go look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

^ Cool story bro!

Anyway, I applied, not sure if my info was submitted, no confirmation or anything , thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

soden12 wrote: »
    OMG, like WOW, best friend forever.. this sounds like a supercool place to work, could be the next Golden Pages .. really restores my faith in humanity to see a company spam a site for a cool job in a really cool company.

I'd love, like, to be working, like, with truvo, like, and having popcorn, like, while I go door to door, like, dropping off golden pages, like, for 2euro an hour, like. But it would be worth it because the girls in head office, like, have a popcorn machine and if I'm good they tell me I can go look at it.

Better than BOI Mike, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭uli84

well my bfr applied once or twice but heard NOTHING. And it's not like he is not qualified or anything...
    Anyway pretty much used to it these days

stepbar wrote: »
    Better than BOI Mike, eh?

Different place, same muppets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Different place, same muppets...

Now now Mike, there's no need to be bitter. You should have read the Internet and email policy, after all you probably signed off on it all those years ago.... I don't remember the section about "Looking for hookers in Las Vegas" Mike....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nevaeh.aaric

Now, there's no need to be bitter. You should have read the Internet and e-mail policy, after all you probably signed off on it all those years ago. I don't remember the section about "Looking for hookers.

Does this stink of spam?

You're very cynical! I happen to work in a company that has some vacancies, all you hear these days is talk of how there are no jobs out there so thought I'd post the fact that there some vacancies in this company. I tell my friends who are looking for jobs if something comes up too. It's all in good faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

70 posts on Boards.ie ~69 of them practically identical posts crying bitterly about the Banks in an Olympic display of ad nausem whinging and the above marvellous contribution.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

thanks truvo girl, never mind the cynicism, i respect your efforts!

Piriz wrote: »
    thanks truvo girl, never mind the cynicism, i respect your efforts!

Thanks Piriz!!:)

stepbar wrote: »
    Now now Mike, there's no need to be bitter. You should have read the Internet and email policy, after all you probably signed off on it all those years ago.... I don't remember the section about "Looking for hookers in Las Vegas" Mike....

Be careful Steppy - just saying it is true doesn't make it true.

Raiser wrote: »
    70 posts on Boards.ie ~69 of them practically identical posts crying bitterly about the Banks in an Olympic display of ad nausem whinging and the above marvellous contribution.......

So ?

It's a free world. There are plenty of one-trick ponies on boards and I'm happy to add to their ranks.

There's nothing wrong with commenting on job ads which portray what has to be a totally unrealistic view of the operation -working in Truvo isn't quite the same as having a gig in Mountain View..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dodgeram

If its such a good place to work why do the reps keep leaving? I am advertising with the golden pages for yeeears and i always start with one rep and finish with another. one year i had three. dosent sound great to me...

Advertisement