Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insomnia Cafe

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just bought meat soup and a muffin at the Insomnia on the South Circular Road in Kilmainham. All fine and I think it was €4.75 for meat soup and brown bread. Not massively unreasonable I guess, but I just got home and realised that the skanky f&&kers gave me ONE slice of bloody McCambridges. This is pathetic. I actually just emailed them to complain because it is just the height of rip off Ireland. That, and their €2.75 a slice swiss roll. This country is making me sicker by the minute

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cherrypipp

AND I've just realised that the only meat that I have to pay an extra euro for is in the Knorr stockcube they've used to make the soup.

Buyer beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

yeah that guy is on dragons den

where do you think he got his money from

its not a charity soup kitchen he is running

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

And the coffee is quite possibly the worst in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn €4.75 for soup and some brown bread from a coffee shop......... you kinda knew what you were getting to be honest. It's hardly a rip off and to be fair to them their hot beverage and a muffin/cup cake for €3.50 is excellent value.

I'm afraid I can't side with you on this one. Tis a bit unfair of you to say it's a rip off because you got just one slice of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hmnn €4.75 for soup and some brown bread from a coffee shop......... you kinda knew what you were getting to be honest. It's hardly a rip off and to be fair to them their hot beverage and a muffin/cup cake for €3.50 is excellent value.

I'm afraid I can't side with you on this one. Tis a bit unfair of you to say it's a rip off because you got just one slice of bread.

+1, i go to Insomnia in Malahide and they have any hot drink and a sandwich for a fiver, should really be a Bargain Alert!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So you didn't 'realise' you only had one slice of bread while you were actually eating it, nor did you 'realise' that the soup contained no actual meat while you were drinking it either?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think Insomnia are pretty good, their sandwich/drink and hot drink/cake offer is a bargain.

And they serve gorgeous hot chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I think the first warning should have been when you saw 'meat soup' on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

mmmm, noodle soup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The Insomnia off Harcourt St. shuts at about seven in the evening. They need to get a new name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

eth0_ wrote: »
    I think Insomnia are pretty good, their sandwich/drink and hot drink/cake offer is a bargain.

And they serve gorgeous hot chocolate :)

That they do. Hmmmm hmmmm.

Advertisement