Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve 2010

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Any recommendations on places for new years eve in Belfast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anywhere along Botanic Avenue will be good. Some places you need tickets for.
    Get in touch with www.robinsonsbar.co.uk, www.theglobebar.com or my fav www.thebelfastempire.com

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

mpeter92...what sort of age group are you talking about???
    Also...where abouts are you intending on staying accommodation-wise??? Just thinking...taxi's are hard to come by on NYE...best to head to a venue close to your accommodation!!!
    (I'm assuming you will be a visitor from down south for the night!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Socrates

I was going to start a similar thread myself so I might as well ask in here.

Where would people recommend a group of lads to go; mid twentys, staying near enough to Queens University but travelling into town wouldnt be a problem.

Are there any outdoor events on for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mpeter92

same here, late 20's near enough to queens university

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

If I was heading out in Belfast...and was staying up around Queens...I would probably head to Scratch...3 floors...the bottom being a kind of rock bar...and the top 2 being a nightclub!!! From the days of when Scratch used to be called "The Fly" tickets were £10 and you used to have to get them before hand!!!
    Other considerations would be The Bot or The MClub!!!
    The Bot a few years ago used to have a first come first served basis to gain entry...the MClub was a ticket affair...costing £10 as well a few years back!!!
    Not sure if there is an outdoor event taking place in the city centre...but do you really want to be standing about for 3 hours or so in winter weather???
    If you get a taxi in to the city or to the up-and-coming Cathedral Quarter which houses Ollies, the Northern Whig and The Potthouse...remember it will be double fare!!! Though considering the cost of taxi's in the south...it would be a standard cost to you boys!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

You are planning a long time in advance, New years eve 2010 is on 31st December 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

el tel wrote: »
    You are planning a long time in advance, New years eve 2010 is on 31st December 2010.
    :D

Advertisement