Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan for hp dv6000 laptop

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

hey,
    basically i think my fans busted on my laptop its really loud and if a move the laptop it makes a horrible sort of grinding noise.. I'm just wondering if anyone would have an idea what price im looking at for a replacement fan and also if ye know of any website which have reasonably priced fans..the laptops 3 years old but is still working ok besides the fan (the motherboard was replaced a few months ago cause of the whole problems with them)...

im trying to get it fixed cheap enough, i don't really want to spend more than 100-150 on doing it seen as the motherboard on this has given up twice already so dont want to pay a lot of money for a replacement fan just for the motherboard to die again in a few months..

so does anyone know where i can get a cheap enough fan/
    thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

sorry i meant to put this in the laptops forum any chance a mod could move it?
    thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Replacement fan should be cheap. The hard part is getting to the ****ing thing. I dont know about you but ive tried taking apart a model 6000 and I never did make it that far! I think I made it a little ways past removing the keyboard before I got to a point where I was too worried about breaking the next thing in the sequence to reach the CPU.

would you have any idea how much it would be to get repaired in somewhere like pcworld.. Was just looking on the internet about how to take it apart and i don't it would be such a good idea for me to do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dunno. I know I wouldnt do it myself for under 100 euro. At the real risk of breaking something in there: the 6000 was Not designed to be taken apart.

yeah, cheers..its such a terrible laptop its been nothing but trouble since i got it..

• Advertisement
Advertisement