Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a milkman service in Greystones?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

It would be really handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

MikeDragon32 was going to dig one out on the last thread there was...

in the menatime, here's a milkman you don't want arriving on your doorstep...unless you are Mrs O'Reilly!

446136903_e9319a2b4c.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

hmmmmmm I dunno, decent pair of beer goggles would sort him out :D

I use the milkman - steady - and its great, he delivers at the crack of dawn, and brings you back as he collects his cash on a Friday evening.

I'll PM the contact number, or do the Mods want it for the Useful Numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Post his number here and i will also add to handy thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rockds

Maisy wrote: »
    hmmmmmm I dunno, decent pair of beer goggles would sort him out :D

I use the milkman - steady - and its great, he delivers at the crack of dawn, and brings you back as he collects his cash on a Friday evening.

I'll PM the contact number, or do the Mods want it for the Useful Numbers ?

Thats great! Thank you very much, I would appreciate the number.:D

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rockds

Any luck with that number?:)

• Advertisement

its 2821952, name of Paul McNamara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clongrey

I used that guy for a while - but cancelled as I could never get him to cancel if I was on Hols and was never able to change the order as I over estimated the amount I needed at the start. Rang about 10 times and told the guy who collected the money everytime but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, in the end I nearly lost it with him. He would credit one week and then charge double the next. I gave him a week more than he was owed and told him not to come back. More trouble than it was worth and not at all reliable.

I can only speak for my own experience, haven't had any problems.....

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i had problems too. Unreliable. Order wrong more often than not. No milk sometimes. Burst cartons other times. The guy not listening when i was telling him the problems, and then when i cancelled altogether he kept delivering for 2 more weeks. Not worth it. I was all on for paying a little over the odds for the convenience of it and rewarding initiative despite living beside squinn, but they're shooting themselves in the foot by making a balls of it. It can't be that hard. I hope they've improved. It was a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, I waited until posting the above to see if anyone else had problems. You cant behave the way he does and not have problems.

I must be the lucky exception so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

There is a guy from Kilcoole who may still be delivering milk...cant remember his name though. He was always reliable when I used him.

Advertisement