Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Cookie Cutters!

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to find christmas cookie cutters, ie, in the shape of stars, snowflakes, christmas tree and a gingerbread man... even just a gingerbread man and one of the others. Where could I get them? I looked in Argos and there is nothing there, nothing in tescos, nothing online for debenhams, cant see anything on the argos website and i looked in all rooms on liffey street and nothing there too

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why would Argos sell them? :confused: Aldi and Lidl should have them, my nearest Tesco has them, any big Tesco should do. TK Maxx, www.kitchencompliments.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I'll have a look in tescos again, though the nearest one to me is the small one in jervis. Had a look on aldi and lidls website but couldnt see anything but will try going to the shops. No tk maxx near me unfortunately

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Not sure of the name but the kitcheny shop opposite the side entrance of stephens green. beide H&M and Zara. That would prolly be your best bet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got some in Home Store & More last year - reindeer, angel and stocking shapes. A couple of weeks ago I got a gorgeous set of stars in a cute enamel tin in Marks & Spencer in Liffey Valley.

Kitchen Complements have a great selection: http://www.kitchencomplements.ie/kc/Main/Category.asp?iCategoryID=157

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I bought mine in my local € store. There was a Gingerman and Gingerlady, a star, a heart, a snowflake and a Christmas tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I'll have a look in tescos again, though the nearest one to me is the small one in jervis.

You're just 2 floors off - up in the Arnotts Project @ Jervis, top floor, is their kitchen stuff and they have racks of loose stainless steel cookie cutters in all shapes and sizes, they're around €1.25 each.

oh thank you!!!! I'll be running there at lunch time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anne63

1. Im probably too late with this but there is always next year, kitchen complements on chatham street in dublin are pretty good. I live in north wicklow, and there are two places convenient for here: Anvil in Bray on mainstreet, and Gourmet gadgets in Greystones are good places to check out. Good luck, Anne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ladyA

M&S in Dundrum have gingerbread men, christmas trees and stars.

thanks a million for all the replies. I managed to get gingerbread man and woman ones and small gingerbread men ones in arnotts for a fiver. I also got a big mixed normal set in ikea. It has circles, flowers, stars, just loads shapes

I went into that kitchen place on Chatham street and they had nothing christmassy. Just cars and ducks and random ones. M&S didnt have anything either. Am happy with the ones I have so just have to find a good recipe for gingerbread men which i'll be making tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Use Possum66's recipe, it's fantastic. And careful not to overbake them :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62717117&postcount=7

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anne63

If you are making GB for kids, instead of using icing, which does taste better, but can take time to dry, I use the white chocolate cake covering (supercook or scott choc) it sets in a fraction of the time. When I do it, I sprinkle some of the chocolate with 100 & 1000's before it sets, and leave other bits plain, can be v v cute. For the boys I give them bow ties or regular ties, just do the tie first, hold it over a bowl, pour on the sprinkles, then do the rest of the decoration, and in the same way I give the girls bows or hearts, flowers. lacy dresses etc.... Very easy for kids to help with too. I use sandwich bags to give them each an "icing bag" (just use a corner & tie it off). Ok, it is messy - but they LOVE it.
    Anne

Advertisement