Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep-frying pudding

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange question, but I like a bit of black and white pudding but when I cook it on the pan, it tends to cook quickly on the outside and I'd prefer it to be that way rather than to risk it not being cooked on the inside.

I thought it might be nicer and easier if I just put it in the deep fry. Any ideas on what temp it should be at? How long I should leave it in. It's all very unhealthy I know, but I only eat it very rarely, so I prefer not to shag it up, so to speak :D.

I'm fairless clueless at cooking food that doesn't come from a can or is intended for the microwave (as you can probably tell).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Black and white puddings are cooked (boiled, actually) anyway when you buy them, so you're only really reheating them when you cook them in the pan. You could quite safely eat them raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

That occurred to me right after I posted.

Thanks.

I'll get my coat.

p.s. hello to the cooking forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Could always try deep fried battered Pudding ..... which actually is akin to a deep fried haggis.

They serve deep friend puddings in Scotland - had one of them with chips once, bloody brilliant - but then again, I do enjoy Haggis supper anyway

Advertisement