Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I want my old username back :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

That's you! I was reading a post and I was thinking 'Is that guy just copying what ULstudent always says'.

I'm used to mine now, way better than an autistic lady who invented a nicer way of killing cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

http://pinchof.blogspot.com/

Another low carb blog that I've just come across, looks to have some amazing recipes.

I like the first one - chilli chocolate. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Who would have thought adding a load of whisked eggs to mexican chilli could be so awesome. I was only after the calories and protein but it tastes deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

WTF when did you go all mod on us? I dunno if we can be friends any more :eek:

Since before Xmas! I'm loving the power. Now BEHAVE or I will infract you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Fried chicken liver + 4 free range eggs boiled so the yolk is nice and runny :D

and finishing with crunchy PB and homemade choc fudge (62% fat - coconut)

life is good.

I'm amazed the amount of new users posting only in the WW pro points thread! Imagine the damage they'd do with some proper nutrition knowledge :pac:

Order came from iherb this morning. Gotta love DHL. Free sample of 'Coco Cardio' hot chocolate. It's basically just cocoa with beetroot juice powders and hibiscus extraxt. Gonna try it out now. Once it tastes like hot chocolate then I don't care.

Got a 1.4kg free range chicken in Lidl today for less than a fiver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Got a 1.4kg free range chicken in Lidl today for less than a fiver!
    Well I got some bones from the butcher yesterday to make some soup and they were free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

rubadub wrote: »
    Probably not much use, apparently they do not even let you post points up, and we might get a mail to stop it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers#Criticism

I will merge any if I catch them soon enough, if you merge some with too many posts nobody knows what is going on. I expect it is a combination of new years resolutioners, and the new pro points.

The new pro points forumla
    012d53852b032e7a5e36bfeee1562272.png

I have a degree in engineering, and that formula makes my head hurt!

Interesting, anyone know the old formula just of of curiosity?

I got some great feedback from my doctor today re my cholesterol results, he was really impressed with how good theyw ere :D The cholesterol hypothesis really is such a load of boll*xs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

banquet wrote: »
    Interesting, anyone know the old formula just of of curiosity?

Fat + Calories = Points (I think!)
    Roughly 1 point was 100 calories but then fat was taken into account
    So avocado's which were high in (Good) fats, were high in points because of that :rolleyes:

*rant*: Jesus christ, just watched an episode of operation transformation on RTE player after reading the thread here and my god was a load of indulgent drivel :eek: Has Irish telly really gotten that bad? And since when do we start blubbing on camera first chance we get.. it's embarrassing! And that huge Kilkenny couple are so nonchalant about how horribly obese they and their kids are it's sick :mad: I haven't had channels for years now, seems like it was a good decision, RTE are such a pathetic bunch of w*nk merchants.

*SERENITY NOW!*:D

I looked at some of the Operation Transformation menus, omg those poor people. I reckon someone should sue RTE for advocating malnutrition. Those diets are lacking in even a basic amount of vitamins and minerals.

I feel so lucky to have discovered a way to eat healthy and still eat bacon and cream!

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    *rant*: Jesus christ, just watched an episode of operation transformation on RTE player after reading the thread here and my god was a load of indulgent drivel :eek: Has Irish telly really gotten that bad? And since when do we start blubbing on camera first chance we get.. it's embarrassing! And that huge Kilkenny couple are so nonchalant about how horribly obese they and their kids are it's sick :mad: I haven't had channels for years now, seems like it was a good decision, RTE are such a pathetic bunch of w*nk merchants.
    I feel your pain! I get thick when I watch it myself! You should have seen the leaders trying to get through the workout that they had to do with the army last week. Half of them were totaly demoralised by it cause it was super tough and they could see how awfully unfit they were. Way to motivate people who have previously been completely inactive to get moving again.:rolleyes:

*SERENITY NOW!*:D

I looked at some of the Operation Transformation menus, omg those poor people. I reckon someone should sue RTE for advocating malnutrition. Those diets are lacking in even a basic amount of vitamins and minerals.

I feel so lucky to have discovered a way to eat healthy and still eat bacon and cream!
    I didn't bother my a** looking at the menus that they were given. I presume that they are the usual low fat, high carb stuff....

I didn't bother my a** looking at the menus that they were given. I presume that they are the usual low fat, high carb stuff....

But RC. it's WHOLEGRAIN pasta dontchaknow!

Seriously though, starvation nutrition at its best.

I tend to say it a lot but I don't think I ever felt so justified in deciding never to pay my liscence :D God words can't describe how much I detest RTE grrr...

• Advertisement

Whoever decides when the add the barforiffic super sensitive music when people start telling their sad stories and opening up to the camera and crying and all that crap should be shot. Seriously it's not the Oprah show ffs.

Can I just say that magnesium oil blows any other magnesium supplement out of the water. Picked it up in the health food shop for 16 quid (the sports spray brand), sprayed 155mg on my arms a few hours before bed, it itched a bit but no more than something like deep heat.

I've been applying it for three days now and each night I've had the deepest, coma-like sleep and waking up naturally and refreshed early in the morning, this is very not like me, I always wake up feeling tired. I'd definitely recommend anyone to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Can I just say that magnesium oil blows any other magnesium supplement out of the water. Picked it up in the health food shop for 16 quid (the sports spray brand), sprayed 155mg on my arms a few hours before bed, it itched a bit but no more than something like deep heat.

I've been applying it for three days now and each night I've had the deepest, coma-like sleep and waking up naturally and refreshed early in the morning, this is very not like me, I always wake up feeling tired. I'd definitely recommend anyone to try it out.

ULStudent was advocating the use of it a few weeks ago alright, must check it out.

What shop did you get it in?

Frogdog wrote: »
    ULStudent was advocating the use of it a few weeks ago alright, must check it out.

What shop did you get it in?

I was indeed!

@El D: the red bottle one? It has more than mag oil in it. Sends me right off to the deepest of sleeps. The blue one just has the mag oil but the red one is the sports one. It's focking really good.

Frogdog, i got it in my local health shop with the rest of the vitamin supps, i have seen it in a good few health shops (not H&B though).

I'm officially dying a little.

I'm still getting over the rememnants of a 2 week infection I had and in the last 48 hours tought 4 spin and a circuits class and talking to kids on a Fas course about nutririon. I have these teens for 6 weeks - 3 weeks on nutrition and 3 weeks on anatomy and physiology. They are really eager to learn and full of questions and I was amazed at how little they knew on nutririon (aged 16-20ish). I mean, they knew next to nothing. Iv gotten through the macros, micros, hydration, pre and post exercise food, food labelling and enery requirements as well as debunking some myths for them. they still want me to do them a 'sample diet' to lose weight from the arse and hips. I jest that it's better there than on the tummy :)

One girl kept asking me why she still had weight, that she barely ate food but when we went through a diary for a few days I asked her to keep, she ate a tiny amount during the day but got though a scary amount of red bull and I mean scary, and then llived of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

More about this magnesium oil please! My curiosity is piqued.

I'm officially dying a little.

I'm still getting over the rememnants of a 2 week infection I had and in the last 48 hours tought 4 spin and a circuits class and talking to kids on a Fas course about nutririon. I have these teens for 6 weeks - 3 weeks on nutrition and 3 weeks on anatomy and physiology. They are really eager to learn and full of questions and I was amazed at how little they knew on nutririon (aged 16-20ish). I mean, they knew next to nothing. Iv gotten through the macros, micros, hydration, pre and post exercise food, food labelling and enery requirements as well as debunking some myths for them. they still want me to do them a 'sample diet' to lose weight from the arse and hips. I jest that it's better there than on the tummy :)

One girl kept asking me why she still had weight, that she barely ate food but when we went through a diary for a few days I asked her to keep, she ate a tiny amount during the day but got though a scary amount of red bull and I mean scary, and then llived of chocolate.
    I swear to God we need more people like you educating the young people of our nation!

I was indeed!

@El D: the red bottle one? It has more than mag oil in it. Sends me right off to the deepest of sleeps. The blue one just has the mag oil but the red one is the sports one. It's focking really good.

Frogdog, i got it in my local health shop with the rest of the vitamin supps, i have seen it in a good few health shops (not H&B though).

It is the red bottle, intriguing, I wonder does the blue one have the same effect!
    Tremelo wrote: »
    More about this magnesium oil please! My curiosity is piqued.

I tried magnesium oil because all magnesium supplements mess with my tummy eventually leading me to think it's not that well absorbed in me. (though I have IBS - YMMV) Magnesium is responsible for about 300 different functions in the body and most of us don't get enough of it in diet (I tried over and over to get enough from food but according to Fitday I only ever achieved it by being completely meticulous about it, and had to eat the same foods over and over)

I believe that article, most of the time cheap food is nutrient-sparse food, though there are some notable exceptions, liver is less than a euro for 200g and even organic eggs are cheap per calorie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

How many times do we have to point out some nutrition myths before people stop repeating them?? There's a thread in Fitness atm in which everything proven wrong is recommended: Don't eat (carbs) after 6pm, eat 5+ small meals a day, replace white with brown... bleah, I think on my next cut I'll eat white bread, white rice, white pasta and lose the fat :rolleyes:

Oh and apparently figs, chestnuts, peanuts and olive oil promote weight loss :confused:

I just don't have the patience anymore...

/rant :o

Advertisement