Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Should do a study on the correlation between macronutrients ratios in the diet and social acceptance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Whoever decides when the add the barforiffic super sensitive music when people start telling their sad stories and opening up to the camera and crying and all that crap should be shot. Seriously it's not the Oprah show ffs.

1) Barforiffic... Terrific word there!

2) Operation Transformation is pretty much guaranteed to have no effect on the participants lifestyle, but the 'diets' they suggest are sure to ruin some of the viewers chances of staying out of that obesity zone! Pure retarded!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Should do a study on the correlation between macronutrients ratios in the diet and social acceptance

Correlation does not equal causation. ;)

Correlation does not equal causation. ;)

Don't wink at me i might catch vegetarianism.

Don't wink at me i might catch vegetarianism.

You overestimate my powers, so far all I can do is make people not post on threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I wish I was funny, I feel all left out of the fun now :p How come you don't come by more often theL?

I wish I was funny, I feel all left out of the fun now :p How come you don't come by more often theL?

I'm like anti-you!

Nutrition consists of eating enough so that nothing falls off.

I just typed out a big reply, then realised it was highly offensive given the forum i'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Nut and Diet people don't know how to use an OT thread.

It's a scientifically proven fact(oid).

51ylK23zCEL._SS500_.jpg

Now, can somebody

a) Tell me how many WW points in one of the above shoes?

and

b) buy me a pair.

I'd guesstimate 46 Pro Points!! :eek: :p

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I'd guesstimate 46 Pro Points!!

That's like what, 3 field goals a touchdown and a conversion....

do i win?

I'm like anti-you!

What.. all funny and no smarts? :pac:

• Advertisement

What.. all funny and no smarts? :pac:

In a nutshell.

'Cept i don't really eat nuts either.

So um.... that idiom is slightly redundant.

Although you could be in a nutshell.

I'll be in a pizza box.

Nutrition consists of eating enough so that nothing falls off.

LOL, I'm quoting that. Offend away btw, you can't say word one about nutrition without pissing off someone. It's worse than talking about religion sometimes.

LOL, I'm quoting that. Offend away btw, you can't say word one about nutrition without pissing off someone. It's worse than talking about religion sometimes.

Ya I like a bit of offensive banter, anyone here ever seen brass eye by Chris Morris? Now that's offensive. You tube it, it's deadly! :pac:

hmmm.

g'em will beat me if i start posting here. Especially if it's even mildly offensive.

Anyhoo, i was flicking through your blog there.

Yes, you, hippie lady. It's quite good.

I think i should start a blog, i imagine it would make me appear all mature and productive also.

Plus i'd probably spend less time talking rubbish here.

mature and productive? :confused: lol

mature and productive? :confused: lol

Photography, A Serious Knowledge of Nutrition and The ability to cook properly are all highly marketable skills.

None of which i possess.

Obv, having a blog would remedy this.

Obv, having a blog would remedy this.

naturally ;)

naturally ;)

Wink all you want i'm not eating nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

g'em will beat me if i start posting here. Especially if it's even mildly offensive.
    I'll only beat you if you keep calling me Mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

g'em wrote: »

Can I call you mom, or is that just a no go in general?

• Advertisement

Been doing some grain free baking at my sisters. Made these last inght:

http://www.health-bent.com/treats/cheesecake-swirl-brownies

only I used stevia, about twice as much cocoa pwder (green and blacks) and 100g 85% lindt chocolate chips. It tured out insanely rich and bitter from the chocolate, I ate a greedy slice around 9pm and was awake with anxiety until about half four this morning :D

So then I made this this morning to try and redeem my reputation as a baker:

http://www.health-bent.com/treats/paleo-banana-bread

but modified the recipe by subbing peanut butter for the almond butter and adding 1/2 cup of xylitol, an extra egg and extra cup of ground almonds, 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut, 1/2 cup rich coconut milk, 2 cups of chopped pecans and 1 tsp vanilla essece. They turned out AMAzING! PB, pecans and bananas were so meant to be together :p This is my new favourite covenience breakfast. MIght throw the recipe together as a blog post later, if any survives long enough for a photo shoot ;)

g'em wrote: »

Apologies auntie g'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Was in Galway at the weekend and spent a lovely Saturday wandering around the city with my sister. Walked through the food market and went to numerous health food shops:)
    It struck me that I don’t have anywhere like that market here in Dublin and that any health food shops I go to are about half the size of the ones I was at in Galway.

In other news was talking to my father-in-law about spending a day on his farm. And also my husband spontaneously, of his own accord (!!) suggested that we might have room in our kitchen for some type of chest freezer if we were to look about buying meat in bulk.

@L I know that you are farming, do you guys slaughter your own meat and how does it work out price-wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

Julian Graves, at least in Galway, have a 3 for 2 on everything in the store.

Stocked up on macadamias this morning :)

Was in Galway at the weekend and spent a lovely Saturday wandering around the city with my sister. Walked through the food market and went to numerous health food shops:)
    It struck me that I don’t have anywhere like that market here in Dublin and that any health food shops I go to are about half the size of the ones I was at in Galway.

In other news was talking to my father-in-law about spending a day on his farm. And also my husband spontaneously, of his own accord (!!) suggested that we might have room in our kitchen for some type of chest freezer if we were to look about buying meat in bulk.

@L I know that you are farming, do you guys slaughter your own meat and how does it work out price-wise?

Jealous. Was contemplating getting one, but dunno if our apartment is big enough. I already own 50 pieces of kitchen equipment I don't regularly use (the latest being an enormous enamel roasting dish for the 2 times a year I make a roast). I wonder would the novelty wear off.

Love the idea of buying a whole animal though, I wonder would they allow you to keep the brains or not. I'd just be happy to get some fresh beef neck, 'tis impossible to locate round these parts.

Jealous. Was contemplating getting one, but dunno if our apartment is big enough. I already own 50 pieces of kitchen equipment I don't regularly use (the latest being an enormous enamel roasting dish for the 2 times a year I make a roast). I wonder would the novelty wear off.

Love the idea of buying a whole animal though, I wonder would they allow you to keep the brains or not. I'd just be happy to get some fresh beef neck, 'tis impossible to locate round these parts.
    I dunno where the freezer would go, I guess we could put it in a bedroom but a part of me thinks that there is something a bit creepy about that...

My husband said that his family used to routinely eat the meat that they raised on their own farm when he was a kid but that his parents stopped doing that. So I guess we would be looking to broach the topic with his folks again to see could we maybe share a cow or something??? I dunno will it work out.....

The latest piece of kitchen apparatus that I am looking to buy is a hand-held mincer. I had asked the butcher beside us if he would mince some liver for me but he refused.:( So instead I am going to try and mince it myself

I dunno where the freezer would go, I guess we could put it in a bedroom but a part of me thinks that there is something a bit creepy about that...

My husband said that his family used to routinely eat the meat that they raised on their own farm when he was a kid but that his parents stopped doing that. So I guess we would be looking to broach the topic with his folks again to see could we maybe share a cow or something??? I dunno will it work out.....

The latest piece of kitchen apparatus that I am looking to buy is a hand-held mincer. I had asked the butcher beside us if he would mince some liver for me but he refused.:( So instead I am going to try and mince it myself

LOL at the bedroom freezer, though could be used to keep your clothes nice and cool in summer!

I know there's a lot stricter regulation around slaughter now. Was talking to a guy with a few cows who said it should be possible just to pay the slaughterhouse to kill and hang the carcass for you. I'd probably have room for about an 1/8 of a cow at the moment. Dibs on sweetbreads!

LOL at the bedroom freezer, though could be used to keep your clothes nice and cool in summer!

I know there's a lot stricter regulation around slaughter now. Was talking to a guy with a few cows who said it should be possible just to pay the slaughterhouse to kill and hang the carcass for you. I'd probably have room for about an 1/8 of a cow at the moment. Dibs on sweetbreads!
    Interesting info there. I know nothing about the whole process TBH but it is something I hope to learn more about.
    BTW how did that nugget of info about the slaugherhouse come up in your conversation????

Interesting info there. I know nothing about the whole process TBH but it is something I hope to learn more about.
    BTW how did that nugget of info about the slaugherhouse come up in your conversation????

I'm well known for leading lunchtime conversation astray :)

I was interested in buying directly from the farmer, mostly to get my hands on some decent marrow bones. I buy from these guys at the moment:

http://www.castleminefarm.ie/

But it's expensive buying bits and pieces. Plus if I had part of a carcass I'd have access to all sorts of strange things I've never tried before.

• Advertisement

I'm well known for leading lunchtime conversation astray :)

I was interested in buying directly from the farmer, mostly to get my hands on some decent marrow bones. I buy from these guys at the moment:

http://www.castleminefarm.ie/

But it's expensive buying bits and pieces. Plus if I had part of a carcass I'd have access to all sorts of strange things I've never tried before.
    hmmm that farm is pretty interesting, I see they are running a 1 day course on the 19th of Feb. I might contact them about doing it...
    I'm about halfway through reading the Omnivore's Dilemma at the mo and it is really hammering home to me how important it is to be connected with the people who produce your food....

Advertisement