Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate for cookies

Options
  • 30-11-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering what is the best chocolate for making cookies with. I made some with Dairy Milk but it came out with a slighly burnt taste(Cookies were not over cooked dairy milk just "burned" instead of melting.) I know cooking chocolate would work but i don't like the taste. Has anybody got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Lidl 35% Cocao chocolate. Any of the Lidl chocolate range from JD Gross. Its very good. Excellent for cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Semi sweet chocolate chips. Regular eating chocolate is much more likely to come out burnt, I always use good quality choc chips, come out all gooey and melty, mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Thorntons do bags of milk chocolate buttons which are perfect for this, and here's a page to find their shops

Advertisement