Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and Google Wave

Options
  • 30-11-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh please don't.

Google Wave is great and all, for what it is, but I'd crack up if Boards.ie went as unstable and frantic as it. We had a wave with about 20 people replying, and I had to drop out of it.

Imagine a forum as busy as After Hours!?! 300 Posters replying at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Google Wave is a pile of **** with anything over 2 users on it. You wouldn't have a clue what's going on. And the fact that everyone can edit everyone elses posts would make it utterly pointless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

humanji wrote: »
    And the fact that everyone can edit everyone elses posts would make it utterly pointless.
    Could you imagine the carnage on the after-hours wave :D:D

GoogleWavesketch.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its not something easily integrated. Its something we have looked at to keep an eye on alternative technologies but to be honest, its very very immature tech at the moment, when it develops it might be useful for alternative sideline stuff but I cant see it ever replacing Boards, at least not in its current state.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Oh god please no

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

God no, it's absolutely terrible.

Advertisement