Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your good deed today.

• 30-11-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

I thought we could all post here about our good deeds during the day. As they say, Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!

My good deed was helping someone onto the train with their bags.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Was doing an exam last week and the clock was at a bad angle for my section of the room. The people next to me and behind me didn't have any watches so I overheard them wondering if they could ask the invigilator to move the clock.

I took off my watch and put it next to me on the table. That way, we all got to use it.

Not a big deal but it made me feel good about myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i prevented someone from breaking into my neighbors house.

Damn those gardi are fast :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Put up our Work Christmas tree. Attached charity gift tags as decorations. People take a tag and buy a gift for the person described. Attach the tag to the gift, and the nominated charity will collect & distribute before Christmas. A good feeling, but a really sobering moment to think of all those people who are without during the festive season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Mine was kind of out of no where-
    i was in work in my store and a middleaged woman came in and was chatting away to me about what to buy her nephew for christmas and then she suddenly broke into tears-
    She suddenly opened up to me that she'd just accidentally seen a letter on her bosses desk that listed her job as one that'll be made redundant in January. It just all suddenly hit her, it was heartbreaking. She was terrified of being evicted and what would she do about christmas and everything.
    I talked to her for nearly an hour, just calming her down and trying to get her positive again- I actaully managed to get her excited at the concept of moving in with her aunt and doing a fas course that she'd always wanted.

She said to me as she was leaving that she was glad that there are still good samaritans in the world, and she couldn't thank me enough for being a kind ear, which i thought was really sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Was doing an exam last week and the clock was at a bad angle for my section of the room. The people next to me and behind me didn't have any watches so I overheard them wondering if they could ask the invigilator to move the clock.

I took off my watch and put it next to me on the table. That way, we all got to use it.

Not a big deal but it made me feel good about myself.

And they all got to copy your work ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

bubblefett wrote: »
    Mine was kind of out of no where-
    i was in work in my store and a middleaged woman came in and was chatting away to me about what to buy her nephew for christmas and then she suddenly broke into tears-
    She suddenly opened up to me that she'd just accidentally seen a letter on her bosses desk that listed her job as one that'll be made redundant in January. It just all suddenly hit her, it was heartbreaking. She was terrified of being evicted and what would she do about christmas and everything.
    I talked to her for nearly an hour, just calming her down and trying to get her positive again- I actaully managed to get her excited at the concept of moving in with her aunt and doing a fas course that she'd always wanted.

She said to me as she was leaving that she was glad that there are still good samaritans in the world, and she couldn't thank me enough for being a kind ear, which i thought was really sweet

Fair play to you, a lot of people would have been struck dumb in that situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Well I made the most amazing tea today with the last teabag and then my father came in so I gave it to him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I set up a huge surprise birthday party for my hubbies birthday last night, most fun thing I've done in ages and worth it just to see the big smile on his face when he saw how many friends and family were there.

WindSock wrote: »
    And they all got to copy your work ;)

Turns out they could have if they wanted to. :eek:

Unfortunately, the exam really didn't go in my favour so I really hope they didn't.

OT: I actually can't think of any good deeds done recently. But to be fair, I genuinely haven't left the house since I first posted in this thread. (Exams, I'm not weird).

I'll be sure and do something nice over the next few days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

After asking loads of times I finally got to ikea today. I left after ten mins as my OH was feeling sick, then instead of getting to shop, I sat in our cold car watching planes land and take off while he ate a smelly hot dog. And I didn't complain. That is my good deed to him done for the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was coming home from a test in college and there was a young woman short on change for the bus.

I've got a companion free travel pass which entitles myself and another person to get the bus for free, so I told her that I could get her on for free.

Felt good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Found a USB key with photos of someones kids on it and a CV with no address, managed to track down the owner by the properties of the document and spamming his job with possible mail address combinations, found him after 10 days, he was thrilled as he didn''t have copies of Photo's of his kids on USB, made me feel good as I've kids myself and love photos of them

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Bought someone a christmas present.

Was in an exam yesterday and the person next to me (different course, different exam length) accidentally knocked her pencil off the table and it rolled way too far for her to be able to get it.

My exam finished about an hour earlier before hers was due to, so on the way out I picked up the pencil and popped it on her desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I went in to work this afternoon even though it's Sunday so I could wrap all the staff gifts (160 of them) so everyone would get them tomorrow morning when they come in.

I think that was pretty good of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I caught Josh Farro's guitar pick at Paramore in the o2 and my friend who loves them (she's had it rough lately too :() really wanted one so I gave it to her and she was really happy :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I donated €150 to SVP yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

am just about to wrap my boyfriend's gifts for his family!he's horrible at it so I said I would:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

a man selling pictures on henry street dropped one and the glass smashed and i stopped and helped pick up of the glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Sitting in my car after work waiting for the window to de ice and noticed lady beside me could not open her doors.I hopped out to try help but locks were frozen solid, got in through the boot and opened the car from inside..good deed for the day!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement