Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets see your Christmas Trees! (Don't quote photos!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don't care (Atari Jaguar)
    Took pics of mine last night but they are so crap compared to all yours :( I just can't get my tree to be clear without being too clear to the point that it looks like the light is on in the room!! Anyway sure I'll throw some up tonight!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Loving all the beautiful trees in this thread! Here is my little desk tree in Boards HQ...I'll post a pic of the tree in the office tomorrow :)

232610.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

This is our first one, going to put another in the hall and kitchen tomorrow

rsz_57418_4591066506137_537563090_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No Full size pic of my tree yet because the light was really bad and when the camera flashed it looked skeletal. So I'll try get one tomorrow when it's brighter.

Are these pics huge? I'm still only getting used to photobucket.

Christmas2012006.jpg

Christmas2012007.jpg

Christmas2012005.jpg

Christmas2012002.jpg

Christmas2012010.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No photos of my trees yet, but was in Rome and have a couple from there

First one is in a shopping centre, you can't see cuz of the weird chap staring at me, but they've cut out a portion of the bottom of the tree to allow for the escalator!

Second one is the Mercedes tree (With mercedes symbol decorations) on Via del Corso

Third one is one at the end of Via del Corso

Forth one is at the Colosseum, very pretty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

A tiny tree with a tiny little sweetie underneath.

:D

232540.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Loving the trees so far!

232590.jpg

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

As promised, here is the Boards HQ tree...it smells absolutely gorgeous in the office. We share it with Adverts.ie as well :)

232618.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Pictures and small amount of chat allowed
    I've gone through the thread and resized and embedded some of the monster photos, because I'm in a festive mood. And because I'm amazing like that.

I'd also like to take this moment to remind people to keep chat to a min, if you post something along the lines of "love your tree" it will be silently deleted. Thank someone if there tree was awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pictures and small amount of chat allowed
    Few pictures of my tree and decorations. I never think my tree looks good in photos.

232622.JPG

Decoration from our honeymoon in Carmel, California. Don't ask me why we chose it because I have no idea.

232625.JPG

Decoration from Selfridges

232621.JPG

Fireplace

232624.JPG

Stocking holder

232623.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

IWUoL.jpg

KeeeS.jpg

gyu3W.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Our tree went up tonight. The fairy lights seem to be very blue in the picture for some reason but in reality the colours are better balanced. Our first tree in our new house and our first tree since we got married and had our little baby boy.

A real Christmas feeling for me , the first since I was a little boy looking up at the one at home :)

Hope all of you have a happy Christmas!!

232653.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Not dying about the star Paddy probably need to see it with full picture of tree :-)
    Ask and you shall recieve.:)

Outdoor star.

Indoor star.

Both drilled with 5mm drill bit and 1st LED light threaded through both stars.

Outdoor star has small hole drilled in the bottom of it and then some green garden wire threaded through it and wrapped around the outdoor tree top....to prevent star from being blown off in high winds.;)

My Girlfriend installed the 14 foot outdoor tree and did the lights on it.

My 9 year old daughter did the indoor tree.

Star is made of abs plastic and is 2 euro in Ikea....available in silver,red and gold too.
    hdowney wrote: »
    Ah shame Naas to far :(

Paddy I really like the way you have the light in the star on the indoor tree
    Cordless screwgun,2mm drill bit (pilot hole to get it dead centre) and then 5mm steel drill bit for the led light to fit through,and thats it really.

Simples.:)

@ paddy147 love love love those path lights! looks v classy!

Thanks.

200 clear LED lights......cost me 8 euro 50 cents in Tesco.:D

Have 100 of them on the porch.Girlfriend put them up.
    All the outdoor and indoor lights are on a 7 day/24 hour digital timer setup

Nothing mad fancy,just a nice and simple look for us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a reminder for everyone to please keep chat to a minimum to maintain the flow of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Here's my effort. It's a 7ft artificial with 480 lights. The colour scheme is mainly silver with a little blue, white and glass :)

Kwhzl.jpg?1

tSgKl.jpg?1

xYRy8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well here's my tree and garland on the fireplace, I said I'd bite the bullet! The pics aren't the greatest but they're the best I could get so be nice :o

3x61S.jpg

GAu2u.png

VXnD9.png

QGGW2.png

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Seriously beautiful tree's on here again this year :) Love this thread!!

NMy tree is up since November 25th :D

Tree_3.jpg

Fireplace.jpg

orn.jpg

orn1_1.jpg

orn2.jpg

orn3_2.jpg

orn4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

11702806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

232993.jpg

232994.jpg

• Advertisement

I know I said no more lights,but I just couldnt resist them.

300 clear LED lights in tesco for 18 euro.

Girlfriend was up on the ladder today to install the gutter clips and then install the lights.These lights are on a 7 day digital timer aswell.

Thats it,no more lights,...honest.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've just finished wrapping my presents (I know, I'm a disgrace!) and stuck them under the tree. We actually have three trees, but this is the one with the presents under it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Here is the one in my folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Ohhh give it 4/5 weeks and this thread will be starting to come alive again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

this is my tree from last year! I am sooo ready to start getting excited for Christmas now :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

this is my tree from last year! I am sooo ready to start getting excited for Christmas now :D

Absolutely gorgeous tree!! What size is it and where did you get your decorations for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Loughc wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous tree!! What size is it and where did you get your decorations for it?

thank you! it's an 8ft tree and it must be twelve years old now, I got it from my parents when they bought a new tree :D had been pissing and moaning for it for years! the decorations are from everywhere, there's a good few newbridge pieces, have lovely glass danglies from tk maxx, all the rest are cheapies I think!
    can't wait to put it up now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

FDinzlq.jpg?2

bZAftzV.jpg?1

xvVSRXW.jpg?1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FIRST TREES!!! :D:D

I really, really love the pop up tree with the presents underneath it! And I'm not normally a fan of those trees. The lighting presents under it are a nice touch. I seen those in argos I think but I didn't think they would look that nice in real life, so to speak.
    I feel I should explain myself since I am possibly going to shamelessly rip off mashedbanana's look for my kitchen tree and may be posting a very similar picture at some stage! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

This is the Living Room tree :) No particular colour scheme, a little overcrowded and tinsel probably not to everyones taste but I like it :)

Kitchen tree tomorrow :)

*Minor tip - keeping discussion to minimum* If you don't want to put too many lights on your tree but want it to be bright, I find an indoor bright rope light to go around the centre before putting anything else on illuminates big trees well from the inside out. This is especially useful if your tree is dense and dark :)

BB80UL0.jpg?2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement