Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pennys Store Open

• 30-11-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

The new Pennys store in the City is now Open it is three times bigger then the older one Anybody go inside? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yeah. Terrible layout and terrible staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Elbows22 wrote: »
    yeah. Terrible layout and terrible staff

Hello Mr. Dunne :pac:

It looks to be some serious size but to be fair pennys is never going to win any awards for customer service and IMO all Pennys have a terrible layout. I'm sure it will make a killing in these times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but Dunnes had a few offers in their homeware today. Duvet packs down from 16 to 10 euro and half price kids night wear. Didn't seem too busy in there at 2pm but I was 5th in the que at the till...

Couldn't face Pennys today let it calm down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Does it have 2 floors? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

RobitTV wrote: »
    Does it have 2 floors? :rolleyes:
    yeah it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Was in there earlier it was crazy! Crowds were massive for first day , people getting a bit carried away its a decent store but its what you expect for any city in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Was in there yesterday. Big store in comparison to the old one but small in comparison to other Penneys I have been to. The stock wasn't great though, the same as Poleberry but just spread out more.

Dunnes had loads of offers over the weekend, they knew exactly what they were doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

its a nice store.. was in there today and it was packed.

still rather dunnes tho, lot nicer clothes (miss real collection savida collection etc) and its cheaper..

pennys has gotten expensive imo and is still selling the same cheap quailty , where as dunners has stepped up in terms of quailty

still cant beat pennys handbags:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

IS IT WORTH A LOOK TO BRING THE KIDS DOWN FOR A DRIVE ON SAT REGARDS BRIAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

well, now Brian, if you were planning on taking a spin down anyway to enjoy some of the city centre stuff then it's worth a visit. Is it worth making the trip especially? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 peter_sligo

Was in there earlier it was crazy! Crowds were massive for first day , people getting a bit carried away its a decent store but its what you expect for any city in Ireland!
    yeah i no wat ya mean. its crap!

Advertisement