Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God drawing was lame. Last time I played it through I at least had my strongest magic user draw to cut down on turns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story, Final Fantasy 12 and Star Ocean Second Evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Final Fantasy Tactics A2, it;s not bad, but I've reached that awkward stage where I've already beaten it, and got montblanc and them, but some of the new missions arent appearing.

for example, the bangaa/nu mou of the rupies, I've fought on both sides but the next mission won't appear, nor will certain other mission I know shoudl be appearing. I'm not one to look up walkthroughs though, but it's stupid the thing wont appear when I've compleated every single mission that has appeard so far! and all level of brightmoor and finished the damn game

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Olds cool SNES games!

Have recently finished Actraiser (not really an RPG), Soul Blazer and Illusion of Time. Now playing through Terranigma! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Just starting FFV now. Cant put my finger on it but theres something i really like about snes games visually. Looks wise everything seems more complete or together than any of the psx games.

Suppose FF wont be bringing back in the ability to control an air/sailing ship around the world map.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zerroth wrote: »
    Olds cool SNES games!

Have recently finished Actraiser (not really an RPG), Soul Blazer and Illusion of Time. Now playing through Terranigma! :D

Actraiser is excellent but a very strange game. The sim parts and platforming parts aren't great at all but the game taken as a whole is brilliant. No faulting the soundtrack either. I really must play the rest of the Quintet Quadrilogy like you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Tales of Hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Just started Persona 4 and I like it. It fixes a lot of little annoying stuff in P3 like including a shortcut key to travel to other destinations instead of running to the end of the mini area.

Also being familiar with the terminology of the SMT world like bufu equals ice spells helps getting into the game a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Me too and enjoying it a lot more than expected. I've got 205 quests out of 300 done with a game time of 60 hours so it's pretty long.

From what I hear the methods of unlocking certain quests are not so easy to find by yourself, in typical FF style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    Just started Persona 4 and I like it. It fixes a lot of little annoying stuff in P3 like including a shortcut key to travel to other destinations instead of running to the end of the mini area.

Also being familiar with the terminology of the SMT world like bufu equals ice spells helps getting into the game a lot easier.

I just brought P4 myself. I'm juggling b/t that and P3 right now. It took me a while to understand which spell is which element. The Japanese name stat buff spells (or stat-lowering) I'll never be able to commit to memory.

Damn I love the music in both those games.

I'm also playing Assassin's Creed and Odin's Sphere.

• Advertisement

Im bit confused...is Persona 4 an anime first thats made into a game? Looks interesting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a game series, there's no anime. It's a spin-off from the main Shin Megami Tensei series of games from atlus designed to be more appealing to a more casual audience. It's also brilliant.

Would you recommend starting from the first one or just hope right in at P4? Actually cant find a P1 game anywhere...even on eurogamer or amazon o_O

Wanna give this one a try...looks bit different ^^

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a game series, there's no anime. It's a spin-off from the main Shin Megami Tensei series of games from atlus designed to be more appealing to a more casual audience. It's also brilliant.

There is an anime, actually. It came out like 2 or 3 years ago.

You can start the games from any point; they're completely non - canon. The first two are OOP and extremely difficult to find for less than insanely expensive. The original was remade for the PSP, but reviews are less than stellar.

You may as well start from 4 and work your way back.

There is an anime, actually. It came out like 2 or 3 years ago.

You can start the games from any point; they're completely non - canon. The first two are OOP and extremely difficult to find for less than insanely expensive. The original was remade for the PSP, but reviews are less than stellar.

You may as well start from 4 and work your way back.

Agreed, I did 4 first and am now about 50 or so floors into Tartarus in 3.

No real problems doing it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just started Magna Carta II. It looks brilliant - really atmospheric and well done but the voice acting is hideous, with the main character the most annoying since Tidus whinged his way through FFX. I've actually turned off the voices now. It also does the annoying old RPG standard of cutting away to two cardboard cutouts of the characters for dialogue.

Still though, there's enough there to keep me playing.

I was curious about the Magna Carta games. I may pick them up one of these days.

You know who was really bad in FFX? Yuna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm back playing DQ IV. it's made me realise why Japanese love DQ more then FF.

Got all the choosen bar one. Just need to grind fir that boss fight.

I really want to play the DQ games on the DS. While I hear 4 is great 5 is supposedly amazing.

Never heard of that,what console is that on?

Trying to finish rogue galaxy but Im stuck ona flipping boss :(.
    Which boss? I just finished it a couple weeks ago. I was stuck in a dungeon for almost a week (the two towers one), but ended up leveling up like mad, and so the rest of the game was cake.

I'm Juggling Persona 3 and 4 right now. (Lotta Persona fans here)

• Advertisement

Im back playing rogue galaxy again seeing if I can finish it once and for all.
    Never heard of that,what console is that on?

Trying to finish rogue galaxy but Im stuck ona flipping boss :(.
    Which boss? I just finished it a couple weeks ago. I was stuck in a dungeon for almost a week (the two towers one), but ended up leveling up like mad, and so the rest of the game was cake.

I'm Juggling Persona 3 and 4 right now. (Lotta Persona fans here)

I have Rogue Galaxy to play, whats it like then? I like Level 5 but and loved ssy DQ8 but couldn't get into Dark Chronicle at all.

I've heard you either love it or hate it. Be prepared to put a long time into it, it's a very long game with tonnes of side quests. I played a few hours of it but got side tracked but liked what I played. It's no DQ8 though.

I've heard you either love it or hate it. Be prepared to put a long time into it, it's a very long game with tonnes of side quests. I played a few hours of it but got side tracked but liked what I played. It's no DQ8 though.

I flew through the game. I didn't bother with the sidequests (I did do some of the hunts for exp. sake) since they didn't really seem to offer much by way of rewards.

I played it right after Lost Odyssey, so I thought it was a breath of fresh air. The story started interesting and then went off in a totally different direction, as if the first part didn't even matter. It was a pretty likable cast too. I've played worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats the one Im stuck on,he disapears and ends up somewhere else when you try to hit him and then does this spinning attack and killS any of my characters that are close enough to him in one go :O

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

noodler wrote: »
    I have Rogue Galaxy to play, whats it like then? I like Level 5 but and loved ssy DQ8 but couldn't get into Dark Chronicle at all.

Its a great game,good storyline but some of the bosses are a bitch to get past.

Dragon Quest iv is so good. Some nice little features that you know were cutting edge story telling back in the NES era.

If DQV is better, then I'm in for a treat. Also I think DQVI DS is nearly done. That was the really expensive one that sold for about €100 at original release :eek:

I really hope DQVI gets released in even the US at least since it's the last main series DQ game yet to receive an official translation.

I really hope DQVI gets released in even the US at least since it's the last main series DQ game yet to receive an official translation.

I thought that was a given that US was getting a translation

Started the English fan translation of Front Mission 5. So far it seems to be more like FM3 than the disappointing FM4 with smaller battlegrounds and less enemies. The story seems to have some of the neo square enix rot in it though but the series always had a weak story so if it is half as good as Front Mission 3 I'll be a happy retr0.

• Advertisement

One last thing FM5 looks a bit nasty on a HD TV. It seems to be running at a lower resolution than most PS2 games. To top it off there's no anti aliasing so coupled with the low resolution there's really bad jaggies everywhere.

Advertisement