Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I decided to play Etrian Odyssey while I wait for Etrian Odyssey 2 to arrive in the post.

Its a great RPG even though it has minimum story. You feel like you are constantly gambling as push further and map out the floors. "Do i use a warp wire, return to the inn to save and then retrace my way back or do i push further and risk losing all the progress i made?".

Very similar feeling to Persona 3's floor climbing.

I got Etrian Odyssey 2 in the post. It's a bit improvement on EO. The UI is much nicer and now you can properly see how the skill tree works.

The retire/rest changes are nice too. Currently have a lv3 party consisting of:

protector/landsknecht/ronin
    medic/gunner

I'm having a lot of fun mapping out floors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished Soul Blazer during the weekend. Not a bad hack and slasher at all.

Started Shin Megami Tensei on the SNES. It's tough :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Suikoden Tierkreis on the DS. Everything that makes the Suikoden games what they are is all but nonexistent here, save the 108 Stars of Destiny, or Starbearers as they are known as here.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finished Soul Blazer during the weekend. Not a bad hack and slasher at all.

Started Shin Megami Tensei on the SNES. It's tough :/

I thought you'd be playing pokemanz

I'm playing through RoF. Seems interesting. I got SMT Strange Journey today too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to play it was well but I'm still in the middle of green leaf! I'm a bit underlevelled and I was hoping to level all my pokemon equally but it's not working out so I'm going to have to be brutal and concentrate on only a handful :'(

I've read that the first SMT is a bit buggy especially with the english patch :/ I really hope I don't run into a game killer!

First sector of Strange Journey down. Excellent JRPG so far. I've been messing around with demon fusioning so far.

You can fuse them in the dungeons as well, so no running out of the dungeon looking for that club in persona.

Advertisement