Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam alert

Options
  • 30-11-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Just an FYI

Received a letter in the post the other day to my home address stating that one of the my domains was coming due for renewal.

It was sent from the UK and had the option of renewing for 1, 2 and 3 years at I think it was £12 a year or £24 for 3 years. Attached at the bottom was a CC and Bank acc details slip.

It also listed domains of similar names which are available to also consider buying..

BK

I still have it if you want it.
    I can give it to one of the girls in the office..

Tombull82

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

From the "domain registry of america" or something similiar? All you can do really is bin it. You could also look into whois protect for your domain where your name / address if hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to send it in to us we can certainly warn our clients if it's a new type of scam

Unfortunately there's very little you can do to stop them all - all we can hope is that people read the letters carefully.

We don't send out invoice via "snail mail" and have no plans to do so anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Yeah as I said just an FYI

Advertisement