Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Guide Dog cards / calendars

Options
  • 30-11-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Does anyone know, please, where I might be able to buy Guide Dogs for the Blind calendars and Christmas cards in the city?

I know they sometimes sell them at doors of shopping centres but I haven't come across any yet this year.

I know they can be bought online but delivery is expensive and I want to get some in time to send to a friend in England.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I don't know if they were selling cards, but there were some guide dog people outside Tesco's yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Was at Ark Vets today and am pretty sure they had them. Not 100% certain, as I was distracted by a panicky dog :(
    Ring them and ask!

Bought some cards myself at the entrance of Dunnes Knocknacarra, but that was at least a week ago.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Thanks for the replies, people!

I'll be travelling to Galway so was hoping for a fairly definite source/time. I know the sellers are voluntary so it's a bit much to ask.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

denat wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, people!

I'll be travelling to Galway so was hoping for a fairly definite source/time. I know the sellers are voluntary so it's a bit much to ask.

Thanks anyway.

I bought some on Friday in the Tesco shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

geem wrote: »
    I bought some on Friday in the Tesco shopping centre.

Thank you, geem.

I just found the info I wanted on the Guide Dog website. It was cunningly concealed under "Upcoming Events".

They'll be selling in Claremorris next weekend which suits me fine.

There was a bit on the news about them this evening - it seems they may have to drop their programme for autistic children due to lack of funds.

Link to upcoming events is here
    http://www.guidedogs.ie/events/upcoming_events.php

There are some in Galway City.

• Advertisement
Advertisement