Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading 3 software/skype onto a 6700.

• 30-11-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I have a nokia 6700, bought with pay as you go from 02 but now unlocked.

I make a lot of skype out calls to Canada, so I would like to switch to the 3 network.

If I get a 3 Sim card, is there any way that I can load their skype app onto my 6700?

I'm not bothered buying another handset. The 6700 is ok for this application, 3's version of it runs skype.

I would prefer not to have to flash the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You should be able to download it from planet 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Thanks for that. However, I just had a look around the 3 website, and read the skype FAQ, which says this:

Can I use Skype to make Skype Out calls (calls to fixed line and mobile phones)?
    Not at the moment. You can take advantage of our great international call rates, or alternatively get your friends to use Skype so calls are free!

So, its not much use to me. All the calls I make are Skype Out calls :(

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think that was changed a good few months back, so that you can use skype out calls.

OK. I'm going to pick up a SIM card tomorrow, and give it a shot. I'll try downloading the planet 3 stuff as per instructions in the other thread, and see how it goes with installing Skype.

So I've gone to the mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/Hutchkey site, after setting new configuration details for web browsing with the phone on the 3 sim card, and tried to download the Skype client. It gives me an error message: "certificate is not on sim or phone". I imagine this is to do with the 3 firmware not being on the phone. Dont suppose if anyone knows if there's a workaround with this...

In a previous post someone mentioned about the firmware from other 3 networks (France, Austria, etc) being available... any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement