Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays indo

• 30-11-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Am thinking of buying a decent camera and now photos everywhere are starting to catch my attention. Have a question about this one from Today's Indo.

Her hair/glasses/nose etc. are a bit blurred, but the blue jeans are fairly sharp. Did the photographer blur her face on purpose to draw the viewers eye down to her, ehm, figure? Is that something that photographers do?
    Or is the blurring just caused by camera shake or the woman dashing to get into the car?

hostess_indo_427042t.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'd say its motion blur, i.e. her moving faster than the shutter speed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Defintely motion blur. Newspapers generally don't care what kind of quality a photograph is once you can make out who/what/where is in the photo.
    You'll see some awful drivel in the newspapers sometimes but the general public can't tell or won't spot the difference between a good photo and a bad one so once you can make out the subject in the photo then thats plenty good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah it is her head moving downwards as she opens the door. Her legs obviously remaining still while she does so.

I do like how deviously you think though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's from a combination of using about a 1/30 of a second shutter speed and a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Fajitas! wrote: »
    It's from a combination of using about a 1/30 of a second shutter speed and a flash.

So if he'd used something faster than 1/30 there'd be less motion blur? How does the flash factor in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The flash will freeze whatever it hits off of, but the movement before/after can still come across in the image. It's known as 'dragging the shutter' to leave more availible light register against the flash, as a balance between the light.

If a faster shutter speed was used, there'd be less 'movement' in the image, and the background would be darker. The flash may also appear harsher. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

If it was pitch black there would be no blur. The only thing lighting her would be the flash. The street lighting is bright enough to register an image at the shutter speed and f stop used hence the blur. Syncing at 1/250 (if the camera can) would also more than likely have prevented the blur.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Doesn't her right hand look backwards? Other than that there's not much else wrong with her though.

I'd like to see the photographer in the background's photo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

humberklog wrote: »
    Doesn't her right hand look backwards? Other than that there's not much else wrong with her though.

I'd like to see the photographer in the background's photo too.
    it looks like a freaking skeleton, so damn boney.

Ah your nuts CG...she's got two right hands!!! That'd be brilliant in its self!!:pac: Imagine showing the lads down the pub that! She could pour drinks and light fags at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Should I know her? Judging by the injected lips she must be really famous?

Valentia wrote: »
    Should I know her? Judging by the injected lips she must be really famous?

It's romoured to be Dr. Tiger Woods doing the ehhhh injecting...ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Other than that there's not much else wrong with her though.
    She looks like a cross between Michael Jackson and David Gest. That's plenty wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Ah your nuts CG...she's got two right hands!!!

there is something odd going on with her hands, I noticed that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

FX Meister wrote: »
    She looks like a cross between Michael Jackson and David Gest. That's plenty wrong.

Is that Angelina Jolie ?? She havin a bad day or what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

I think her hands look somewhat frightening! Especially the "left", if it is left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Anyone notice the other guy in the background.... look at he's camera....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

denat wrote: »
    I think her hands look somewhat frightening! Especially the "left", if it is left.

It's clearly her right hand hand, they just cloned out the webbing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

She is holding her hands at a funny angle, but I think she is being protective of her freshly painted or glued on fingernails. Considering that, & the sunglasses at night, the arched back, the open lips while looking straight into the camera - I would say that she will make a nice celebrity career for herself on the back of the publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Her hair/glasses/nose etc. are a bit blurred, but the blue jeans are fairly sharp.

hostess_indo_427042t.jpg

The guy behind Id say got a nice shot of the jeans;)

Would she have got them lips from walking into lamp posts? Wearing sunglasses at night?

• Advertisement
Advertisement