Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have lyrics, melodies, need musical partner

• 30-11-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I've been writing lyrics for years as a personal hobby. I sing them to myself but can't play an instrument and can't write music. I have about 150 songs split equally between completed/work-in-progress/concepts. My interest is primarily in the lyrics so rather than learn an instrument, I want to find a musical partner. I want to team up with someone who can listen to me singing and add the musical accompaniment. I'm happy to look at recording/performing once the songs are at the right level.

If things work out this could be a partnership. I don't have any particular influences, I'm just a fan of good songwriting. I like "big" songs so possibly rock balad, big band, musical type stuff. I'm not precious about the songs, I want to work with someone who can contribute ideas and hopefully the style of the songs will come out of the collaboration. If anyone is interested in working on a couple of songs and see where it goes, give me a shout.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Toby Tyler

Dear Alwayson,

I've demoed quite a few of my own songs recently playing guitar, bass and drum programming but can't sing a note. I'm on the lookout for a singer and lyric writer. Like the sound of what you are doing.

PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Des Claypool

hey i'd be very interested in trying something out i have many varied influences i've a great home set up for this type of thing would lve t see wat comes out of it, give me a sht if your interested :D

Advertisement