Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time taken to drive from Belfast to Drogheda?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

I'm going for a weekend in Belfast [December 12/13th], and need to be in Drogheda by 9am on the Monday morning for work. What time would I realistically need to leave Belfast city at? I know it gives 1hr 36 on AA, but would there be a lot of traffic at this time of the morning coming south? I'd imagine not, but would appreciate any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Your going to be hitting Newry in and around 8, which is always busy at that hour. I'd leave at 7, miss the very worst of Newry before 8 and have a cup of coffee at work between 8.45 and 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

About 1.5 to 1.75 hours should do it but one cannot predict with any accuracy given Christmas traffic (especially around Newry and Lisburn)

Advertisement