Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best city in Oz for jobs???

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just wondering which would be the best city to come to in Feb, in regarding jobs. I originally had intended to go to Melbourne, but I will probably go to the city with the most jobs, just to be on the safe side.

I have no specific career, I have experience in bars and restaurants, aswell as sales and fundraising. I have some IT qualifications, but they are quite old (A+, network+, 1 mcp).

I don't really care if I get a job stacking shelves, or even factory work, I will be happy just to get a job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

U seem pretty open to working any job, and have experience in the typicals, Bar, Sales etc

I'm in Brisbane at the mo and theres loads of jobs goin. Seek constantly has new entry level jobs, and sales is very big. Sales can be good here, esp if you have experience as it's usually a great product you're tryin to pitch

For the time your gettin here, I'd say Brisbane, it'll be coolin down after the summer, but still a nice temp when ur comin from Ireland

Personally, I'd avoid Sydney. Too many people pounce on every job, and its a real Work like a bee > pub at the weekend kind routine

You seem to be an all-rounder so should be sorted wherever you go :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Brisbane YAAAY

Sydney is Sh!te unless you want to spend your entire trip flittin around Bondi gettin pissed with a big gang of Irish people.

Melbourne is Sh1te, and will be freezin and wet.

Darwin is ****e.

Perth is nice but a bit far away.

Adelaide <shudders>

Hobart, Oh look someones atractive Cousin :)

Canberra, Sweet jaysus I cant understand why most of the population dont lob themselves into lake Burleigh Griffin, but then its probably too complicated for them to get to it with all the Roundabouts.

So, in summation Brisbane RAWKS, and I'm not just sayin that cos I live here completeley of my own free will
    Help I'm being helds against my will and forced to WORK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Melbourne and Sydney will be the lost likely candidates, Sydney tends to see a mass exodus after xmas (a lot of people come to sydney for build up to xmas, then leave jan/feb/march for the next leg etc)

Sydney will probably have the 'most jobs' purely because it is slightly bigger and it will also have the most competition.

If you really are willing to do anything then you shouldn't have a problem.

If you are more IT orientated possibly Sydney from my experience has more IT related jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Brisbane YAAAY

Sydney is Sh!te unless you want to spend your entire trip flittin around Bondi gettin pissed with a big gang of Irish people.

Melbourne is Sh1te, and will be freezin and wet.

Darwin is ****e.

Perth is nice but a bit far away.

Adelaide <shudders>

Hobart, Oh look someones atractive Cousin :)

Canberra, Sweet jaysus I cant understand why most of the population dont lob themselves into lake Burleigh Griffin, but then its probably too complicated for them to get to it with all the Roundabouts.

So, in summation Brisbane RAWKS, and I'm not just sayin that cos I live here completeley of my own free will
    Help I'm being helds against my will and forced to WORK

Brisbane is Sh1te

Well yeah, but its marginally less Sh!te than the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Goiter

unreggd wrote: »
    U seem pretty open to working any job, and have experience in the typicals, Bar, Sales etc

I'm in Brisbane at the mo and theres loads of jobs goin. Seek constantly has new entry level jobs, and sales is very big. Sales can be good here, esp if you have experience as it's usually a great product you're tryin to pitch

For the time your gettin here, I'd say Brisbane, it'll be coolin down after the summer, but still a nice temp when ur comin from Ireland

Personally, I'd avoid Sydney. Too many people pounce on every job, and its a real Work like a bee > pub at the weekend kind routine

You seem to be an all-rounder so should be sorted wherever you go :D

Thanks for the info. I guess I could check out both Brisbane and Melbourne. Yeah, from what I hear you're right, Sydney is meant to be overloaded with us Irish and thus it's much harder to get work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Goiter wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I guess I could check out both Brisbane and Melbourne. Yeah, from what I hear you're right, SydneyBondi is meant to be overloaded with us Irish and thus it's much harder to get work.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Plenty of jobs in Perth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Well yeah, but its marginally less Sh!te than the rest.

I only actually said this because you basically said everywhere else is sh1t I have no idea what it’s like having never been there.

Ive been everywhere man, I've been every where, Been to kurowong duradong.....:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement