Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food needed in exchange for Cinema tickets.

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but apparently if you bring food (tins of beens etc..) to Douglas Cinema they will give you free cinema tickets in return.

Apparently the food is going to homeless children, not to sure about that though.

Any sorry if already been mentioned.

Good cause though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

That doesn't make sense. I got the email about the food collection too, I thought it was for SVP. They are definitely collecting food but I can't imagine getting a cinema ticket in exchange for a packet of biscuits or a tin of beans:confused:Anyone know the terms and conditions for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

sunnyside wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense. I got the email about the food collection too, I thought it was for SVP. They are definitely collecting food but I can't imagine getting a cinema ticket in exchange for a packet of biscuits or a tin of beans:confused:Anyone know the terms and conditions for this?

That's what my lad told me today, so the source mightn't be of the highest quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

I work in the Gate cinema in cork city (north main st), where we have the same collection going. It's for the SVP, and you must bring in a plastic bag of non-perishible food to qualify for 2 complimentary passes.

It's up to the management's discretion what equates to a "bag" of food. What I do know is 1 can is not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

bp1989 wrote: »
    I work in the Gate cinema in cork city (north main st), where we have the same collection going. It's for the SVP, and you must bring in a plastic bag of non-perishible food to qualify for 2 complimentary passes.

It's up to the management's discretion what equates to a "bag" of food. What I do know is 1 can is not enough.

Great idea. Anyone who is planning on going to the cinema should bring €20 worth of food with them. The tickets are gonna cost that anyway

Advertisement