Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma help!

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

There's a girl i've been friends wit a year now, i really like her and she likes me, only problem is im 22 and she's 17 she'll be 18 in jan, i've been puttin things off til then. Wil the 4yrs difference be hard, i mean when i was 17 i was wit a 23yr old but now coz im the older one its weird like, but wil people judge me if they see us together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

xxlilyxx wrote: »
    There's a girl i've been friends wit a year now, i really like her and she likes me, only problem is im 22 and she's 17 she'll be 18 in jan, i've been puttin things off til then. Wil the 4yrs difference be hard, i mean when i was 17 i was wit a 23yr old but now coz im the older one its weird like, but wil people judge me if they see us together.

The only issue is whether it* will bother you or not. If it bothers you, dont. If it doesn go for it.

*(The idea of people judging you)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

22 to 18 isn't that huge a gap. The change from 17 to 18 is generally seen as crucially important even if it is just 5 to 8 weeks away at this stage though... I'd hold on till then, personally - but obviously this is your life, yours to decide on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

MYOB wrote: »
    22 to 18 isn't that huge a gap. The change from 17 to 18 is generally seen as crucially important even if it is just 5 to 8 weeks away at this stage though... I'd hold on till then, personally - but obviously this is your life, yours to decide on!

yeah that change from 17 to 18 is crucial and i think i would rather wait til then, its only 5wks til her birthday. Id feel better myself by waiting. Thanks for the advice. Lisa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

It isn't a huge gap! I think you're worrying too much over it. Just... if you want it to happen let it happen, don't let a petty thing like that stop you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I know a 21yo and 15yo couple who do it, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Patchy~ wrote: »

Thats just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Patchy~ wrote: »

You do know you're advocating breaking the law and the 21 year old can be done for statutory rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I was in a similar situation except I was 16, she was 21. She flipped when she found out I was 16 though :(

Go ahead if she's mature enough. There's nothing wrong happening, but 17 to 22 can be a bit of a maturity gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

ah she's mature enough, we get on great, she's 18 soon so would feel better if i waited til then.

thanks for the replies everyone xx

Advertisement