Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City waaay too overrated in FM10

Options
  • 30-11-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I Personally am growing incredibly frustrated by Man City and Carlos (A ridiculously overrated goal scoring machine) Tevez! It's the worst thing about the game, so unrealistic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I haven't really noticed tbh.

Yeah Tevez can bang the goals in, but he was only third top scorer in the PL in my first season and City finished fifth behind Arsenal (me), Chelsea, Everton and United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PhantomLimb

Tevez, third top scorer!?! Very stupid!

Tevez, third top scorer!?! Very stupid!

Tevez has been a FM monster for years, it's nothing new really.

He plays nearly all their games for them so make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

I'm playing as City in my first game and Adebayor is a machine. 23 starts, 21 goals (1 sub app). Tevez has about 11 goals, Robinho 15 and Bellamy 8. Just signed Edin Dzeko cos Roque Santa Cruz has the most brittle, fidgety body ever and hasn't even played one game for me yet. Gabriel Milito at 4.9 mill, signing of the season for me.

On an unrelated issue, Emile Heskey also ended up at CENTRE BACK on team of the weak! Something up there!:confused::pac:

On an unrelated issue, Emile Heskey also ended up at CENTRE BACK on team of the weak! Something up there!:confused::pac:

Yeah there seems to be a bug with that. In the last season my team of the season had Arshavin at DM....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah Man City ran away with the league the first season in mine, United were there with them but they were both 10-15pts ahead of 3rd,

I finished 5th with Spurs, damn them i should be in the champions league :D

and Tevez finished top scorer in the League with 27 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah Man City ran away with the league the first season in mine, United were there with them but they were both 10-15pts ahead of 3rd,

I finished 5th with Spurs, damn them i should be in the champions league :D

and Tevez finished top scorer in the League with 27 goals.
    odd.. spurs won the league in my first year (i was arsenal so that was a sore point for the fans :P)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Haven't noticed Man City being all that myself.

FM10 is way better than FM09 but it still irritates me that really obvious bugs are left in it - playing my first game, just in January 2010 yet already Hugo Lloris has conceded five goals from just dribbling the ball into an opposition forward. Yeah, that happens sometimes in football but not 5 times in 6 months by the same (excellent) keeper.

Haven't noticed Man City being all that myself.

FM10 is way better than FM09 but it still irritates me that really obvious bugs are left in it - playing my first game, just in January 2010 yet already Hugo Lloris has conceded five goals from just dribbling the ball into an opposition forward. Yeah, that happens sometimes in football but not 5 times in 6 months by the same (excellent) keeper.
    Yep. Same thing happening to me too. Loris is my keeper with arsenal.

I'd say the update ijn january will rectify the bugs

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Players repeatedly getting sent off for two footed challenges when contesting for the ball directly from a goalkeepers kick out is another one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

how much did you all get Hugo Lloris, lyon asking for 40million STERLING... lol

35 milllion (Euro), 5 million up front and the rest over 48 months so as not to affect the transfer budget as much!

Just won the treble in my first season with City. Adebayor, Tevez and Robinho doing loads of scoring. Signed Edin Dzeko in January for 23 mill, but he's not really settled. Maybe next year. Other signings included Rafinha, Hamsik and Miguel Veloso. None really shone, and Veloso was muck, it was mainly the lads that were already there.

Finding it hard to shift lads on too - Bellamy, Petrov, Wright-Phillips and a few others. Nobody wants 'em! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a bit easy and that's kind of taken from it a bit for me. I might give it a lash with Arsenal soon, or apply for jobs somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Finding it hard to shift lads on too - Bellamy, Petrov, Wright-Phillips and a few others. Nobody wants 'em! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a bit easy and that's kind of taken from it a bit for me. I might give it a lash with Arsenal soon, or apply for jobs somewhere else.

Is anyone else sick of this clown going on about how good he is at FM??? "It's so easy, I wish they could make it harder, no one will buy my players coz they're so good, blah, blah, blah......."

Every thread I go into I find this fella going on about Man City and how great he is and how everyone else is rubbish..... I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say Get a life Wucking Fanker.....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Maybe things wouldn't be so easy if people stopped picking top 4 clubs or Man City with their millions.

Is anyone else sick of this clown going on about how good he is at FM??? "It's so easy, I wish they could make it harder, no one will buy my players coz they're so good, blah, blah, blah......."

Every thread I go into I find this fella going on about Man City and how great he is and how everyone else is rubbish..... I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say Get a life Wucking Fanker.....

:rolleyes: Where did I say any of that? I only pointed out faults with the game, as others did. There was no boasting or anything in any of my comments.

cashville wrote: »
    Maybe things wouldn't be so easy if people stopped picking top 4 clubs or Man City with their millions.

True. Just started a new game with Fulham. Bobby Z to bring back the glory days!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

im the best at fm i won champions league with derry city and i won league 10 times in a row. im awsum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

im the best at fm i won champions league with derry city and i won league 10 times in a row. im awsum

Wot big name players had u got playing for Derry

I made some smart investments but nothing too major.

Brought home Pat McCourt and Niall McGinn were my major signings, both delighted to return home.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Yeah, Paddys a legend, if only he'd McGeadys pace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Damn u all... back to FM09 I go :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

:rolleyes: Where did I say any of that? I only pointed out faults with the game, as others did. There was no boasting or anything in any of my comments.

Where in the thread title does it mention "Things I've won" and "How easy it is with a £500m transfer fund"??? Who do you think you are, God???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Doesn't look like the forum mods are around so I''m going to step in here.

The G Child, tone it down, if you have a problem with a post hit the 'report post' button. If you have a problem with the poster, take your grudge elsewhere. Remember, attack the post and not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Chippenham Town FTW. Get rid of this easy-way-out crowd managing City. :) Lower League Management is the way to go. Holiday your first season then take charge of one of the new teams that come up into the Blue Square North/South.

actually im going to put derry into french league system and get them promoted and win the league within a decade

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Lads, I'm going to delete some posts to tidy this thread, please keep on topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm in my thrid season with united , want to win the leauge this season and retain the champions leauge then I'm leaving them with the great squad i've build and am heading to the lower divions for a challenge..

Ya i had that problem with Bellamy, Jo and one or two older youth players. I added a manager on Liverpool and made them take Bellamy and Jo. In my defence i sold them for peanuts and Jo got them some important goals.
    I Personally am growing incredibly frustrated by Man City and Carlos (A ridiculously overrated goal scoring machine) Tevez! It's the worst thing about the game, so unrealistic!

Ya he's lethal in it, i went City, first season he got 25'ish, second season he got nearly a goal a game, top scorer in league by long shot.

Adebayor was terrible, headers would always go all over the shop and always missed 1 v 1's.
    Considered selling him but 10 games from the end of season 2 and he's just started scoring more frequently.

For a lot of that time his morale was never higher then Very Good, so assume thats it, as ive went through nearly all of season 2 with S.Ireland on medium to low morale and he flops everytime

Robinhio plays pretty well as a striker in this too, wasn't great first season on LW so switched him up front after i saw Brazil played him there and he's twice the player

One thing that annoys me about this game is, the whole morale thing, if the players are slow they'll more then likely play ****, it's impossible to try improve it, it just seems to come naturally. Ive had problems with some players who wouldn't budge off it. Ireland and Vargas went nearly all season 2 on medium morale :mad:

Anyone else see the trent of clubs buying the same players?... i had gone Villa before City and Chelsea bought Cassano and Dzeko and they bought them again straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yeah alot of the same buys, Chelsea always but Dzeko, except in my current game with Leeds. 3 seasons in and he is still at Wolfsburg, I have Leeds back in the Premiership after back to back promotions and i'm eyeing him up if I get the funds next season....and stay up! Heres my Leeds first team at the moment 3 years later.

GK - Scott Carson
    DL - Ben Parker (From Aston Villa - Good prospect)
    DC - Mattew Killgallon (From Sheff utd - Solid centre pack, great pace)
    DC - Ricard Dunne (From Villa- my Captain)
    DR - Ritchie De Laet (From Man Utd 600k - Great buy in lower div)

ML - Jack Wilshere/Nacir Barizite (Both From Arsenal youths both excellent players and versitile)
    MC - Tinga (Signed from Brazil, great DM)
    MC - Micheal Johnson (2M from Man City)
    MR - Milos Krasic (15M, my first big signing)

ST - Santa Cruz (4M Man City - Has injury problems)
    ST - Yata Yatabare (Signed 2 years ago from a small french team, turns into a hidden gem, deadly from outside the box and very Creative highly recommend him)

I also have plenty of youths and young Irish players coming up as well decent subs and replacements. Hopefully we'll survive the drop this year and build more next year.

Advertisement