Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasonable Priced Hairdresser Dublin

• 30-11-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've been getting my hair done (between shoulder and chin length, full head highlights and cut) in a top cork salon for €170 and I reckoned that I should be able to get same somewhere in Dublin but having done a small amount of research I'm beginning to think I was deluded. I've been quoted approx 300 euro in two places here, although i did start at the top. Can anyone recommend a good hair salon in Dublin city centre that will give cut and highlights for approx €150??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Hi this might be helpful to you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055752363

I have a friend who goes there for highlights and its definitely under €150 with experienced stylist doing your hair not a trainee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

€300 for highlights and a cut :eek: Oh my lordy :eek: I have a salon - now its not in Dublin but its a fraction of that!

Even 170 is mad, how often would you have to have that done???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tipex

Thanks for response, would go to hairdresser approx every 2 mths. That would be one of the top salons in Cork and equivalent up here is 300 euro. I was gobsmacked when I went looking in comparable salons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

I've paid up to 260 euros for a cut\highlights in Dublin (very high profile place near grafton street) and was totally underwhelmed by the whole experience, however, I also chanced my arm on a cheap and cheerful place in town a year or so ago and had a complete nightmare there ... 99 euros for cut\highlights, I cut have cut my own hair better ( I kid you not)

Personally, I've found a fantastic salon in Tallaght that I use (Khaki) and its the only place that I'm comfortable recommending to people but if you're looking for somewhere in the city centre for around 150 euros then take a look through some previous threads, I seem to remember quite a few places being recommended in town that sounded reasonable enough

Advertisement