Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i just hope the movie is based on the game, n not vice versa. but if its a commercial tie-in in general who knows maybe the greatest product it will spawn is a BK whopper w/ 'persian' sauce. and onion rings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i just hope the movie is based on the game, n not vice versa.

The movie is loosely based on the Sands of Time game trilogy, but this new game is actually a story set in the SoT continuity. So the game has just been released to coincide with the movie's release, as opposed to the usual method of releasing a game based directly on the movie.

Does anyone know what shops are getting the Collector's Edition? It looks sweet, but the only place I see selling it is Amazon!

any SOT fans got this yet? opinions..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got it Friday (rental), and 1k'ed it this morning. Took about 8 hours I reckon. I'd be pissed off if I paid more than €8 for it.

Very short, and if I have to be honest, pretty easy too (and I've played and finished all POP games, apart from POP3D). For the first 70% of the game, I wasn't really challenged. The last 30% (say from the second boss fight onwards) was fantastic, very inventive and a decent challenge too. Having to combine the different powers and think on your feet (and in the air) is classic POP. The King's Tower, The Final Climb, and the bit after that on the way to the final boss were gaming bliss. I loved the way the final climb was
    on one plane, so it was largely 2D - a very clever idea and it worked well

100% worth a rental, or wait a few months for it to pop up on the preowned shelf (and it will - there is no replay value at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Feck thats sad to hear, then again pops were never really that long.

Was flying through it yesterday until i got to one of those bits with the alternating water jets well into the old city. For the life of me i just could not unfreeze and freeze the 2nd jet in time to grasp, always just missed it.

• Advertisement

Freeze the first one just before its about to disappear.

Yeah its definately timing, we're talking milliseconds here the jets themselves altrnate pretty quikcly, quickest i've come across so far. The pain in the a**e is the savepoint is a bit back and i've to fight a bucketload of those bugs and enemies to get back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Got it Friday (rental), and 1k'ed it this morning. Took about 8 hours I reckon. I'd be pissed off if I paid more than €8 for it.
    €1 an hour to be entertained? Now here's a man that values his time :D

Reviews are pretty much in line with what I was expecting so I'll definitely be picking this one up at some point.

i'm not bothered about how short this may turn out to be, tbh i just wanted more classic POP platforming in a more classic version of persia. enjoyed it over the weekend in particular with the sultry weather its befitting. i'm nowhere near finished only at the prison - going back in 4 days as a sizeable chunk of the cost of UFC 2010 anyow so i'm enjoying it. i'd recommend finding all sarcophagus via a guide and doing all upgrades cos thats 2 gold trophies right there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Didn't like. God... they've dragged POP through the dirt in the few releases :(

• Advertisement

Looks like i found a bug in the game last night. Towards the end of the game(i hope), its at the bit where he has to go up to do the final battle, via L1 and bird jumps etc, anyways on my way up i saw a sarcophagus and went for it and promptly died, had no rewinds left. so the game loaded, i was nowhere near the ascent to the end. i spawned just after the last portal between 2 locked doors, previously i fought a bucketload of enemies and that triggered the doors opening. Not this time, no enemies nothing, just 4 swinging axe traps and 2 locked doors. spent an hour running, jmping looking around nothing. reloaded, restarted, rebooted same again. Had to start the game in the end, autosave only is a bit of a pain. The only good thing is the upgrades carried into the new game.

Just checking the ubisoft forums apparently its a known bug.

if that happens me i'm demanding cash back. main reason i'm playing this is not just to complete it but to platinum, as it appears easy - i simply don't do 'restarts'

any title w/ a glitch that prevents continuation = full refund. plain-as. heck i might claim it happened anyways

There is a fix for this glitch, apparently.
    First, a disclaimer: If you've yet to finish Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, then tread carefully though this news story, because there's a light spoiler or two in this here news story.

Right - towards the end of the latest Prince of Persia, there's a certain point in the game - after receiving the Djinn sword - where if you die, you'll end up being thrown back to an old checkpoint, where you'll find yourself trapped and unable to progress any further. Here's a hint - be very careful when jumping between those wretched sand vultures and ensure you have plenty of rewinds.

When we died and the glitch happened to us, we were absolutely gutted and thought that our game was over. That is until Ubisoft contacted us with the solution for rescuing your game.

If you get caught out by the ruinous glitch, just follow these simple steps to head back to an earlier checkpoint.:

1. Enter System Settings from the Xbox 360 Dashboard
    2. Select Memory from the list
    3. Choose 'All Devices' from the list
    4. Select “Games” from the list
    5. Choose 'Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands'
    6. Select the first 'Autosave' and delete it
    7. Confirm that you want to delete 'Autosave'
    8. Restart Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    9. Select 'Continue'
    10. When the error message appears on the screen, choose 'OK'

You might have to go through some of the stuff you've already done, but it beats the hell out of starting all over again.

Taken from here.

i enjoyed the back to basics here but they'll need to follow it up with a better plot - the enemies are lame; would prefer to battle humans - the water / platform freezing provided some tricky platforming towards the end.. this game provided my first ever Platinum, all trophies attained in the first playthrough it is a doddle. with a guide of course

You've a guide, how many Sarcophagus in total in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paramount

As i see the Trailer...
    I think this is a very good movie.
    It story is not common that get my interest a lot.
    Can wait to have a copy of it.

Was finally able to pull myself away from BFBC2 to finish this after last weeks debacle. It was overall meh, not a bad meh, just a dunphy it was good but was'nt great. It was SOT with better obstacles. The story and the characters just did'nt grab me, the fighting was basic as feck. But some of the obstacles but just frustratingly brilliant, some of the water runs\jumps were ingenious. Nevermind an enemy horde bonus game, just give a "get from here to here" bonus game.

Last 2 pops have been great in some aspects but dissapointing in other aspects. Last years story and characters were top notch but the whole being aved by yer one and the "here's where you go" guiding light took alot out of it. If you combined the good from the POP and POP:TFS you'd have one hell of a game.

The minigame was completely pointless. It's unlocked at the end of the game (when you're pretty much fully powered up), so it is no challenge at all. I had to grind through it about 10 times to max out my character, and got it down to 4½ minutes per run.

It was an afterthought (without much thought) - solely tacked on to facilitate grinding.

Advertisement