Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

view of ESB towers in cheekpoint from tramore?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any locations in Tramore where the two esb towers at Cheekpoint can be seen? I tried a lot of locations today, mainly up around the church and race course but could not get sight of them. I would imagine that it would be easier at night to see them because the tops of the towers have red lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Does anyone know if there is any locations in Tramore where the two esb towers at Cheekpoint can be seen? I tried a lot of locations today, mainly up around the church and race course but could not get sight of them. I would imagine that it would be easier at night to see them because the tops of the towers have red lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Wouldn't the hill above Cheekpoint village always be in the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

The hill is what im actually looking for,but i can't identify the hill. if i could see the lights of the towers i would have the exact line im looking for. I taught that the towers would be visible from some bedroom window or rooftop in some high up estate or area of the town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford City Forum generally does not cover Waterford County related topics. (Tramore/Cheekpoint is in the county, fyi). :)

Topic Moved

sorry about that sully, schoolboy error:(

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Wouldn't the hill above Cheekpoint village always be in the way?

:cool:
    Thank you Dum Dum, I would probably see the light of tramore from that hill easier than cheekpoint from tramore. I will go to cheekpoint on the next fine night and look from there, unless someone can inform me before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I'm pretty certain the ESB towers at Cheekpoint are not visible from Tramore. At the highest point of the town, which is along the ring-road between the Fenor Road roundabout and the Clarinwood roundabout, you can clearly see the light on the chimney at Bellview and also Tory Hill and Mount Leinster. From the Doneraile walk, off Church Road, you can see the hill at JFK Park (outside New Ross) and also the hill at the Minaun (between Faithlegg and Cheekpoint). Is this the hill that you were looking for, perhaps? The Minaun? It's probably visible from the Cliff Road, too.

Thanks for your reply. I was in tramore today and could see the hill i am looking for,i could see it from several points around the town when i knew which direction to look. its blocking out the towers alright but when i went out the kilmeadan/dungarvan road a few miles i could see the behind the hill towers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭boniver

Well, make the most of using those towers as your reference point because their days are numbered. Well, days might be an overstatement but the power station at Great Island is being switched over to a Gas Turbine station and those twin stacks will be replaced with a much lower single stack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zootie

i can see the chimney from my place but am curious why u want to see it from tramore, seems a bit unusual

i do not want to say it here as it might be looked on as a cheap advertising stunt but its work related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zootie

pity bout that then , the view is excellent

Advertisement