Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help!

• 30-11-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, hoping some of you can help!
    I have a Sony ericsson w580i that's on its last legs so I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new phone for Christmas :):)
    I'd really like an iphone but my problem is this: I go to College in Belfast, but I'd come down home about every second weekend. There's no point in having an iphone if I can't use it up north (i.e The internet - hear they charge extortionate prices), or getting one up north and not being able to use it over christmas summer etc.
    So I'm wondering is there such a thing as an unlocked touch screen phone - i.e. I could put my northern sim card into it and use the internet etc on it?

I really have no clue so any advice would be really really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You could just unlock the iPhone. Plenty of guides floating around on how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

But would I be able to switch from o2 uk to o2 ireland every weekend?

Yep.I dunno how many differences there are in the internet settings but these would have to be updated when you change SIMS.Besides that, once its unlocked you can swap around all you like

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ok, so then I could use the internet wherever? How would I be charged for it though?

Thank you so much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

lizt wrote: »
    Hi guys, hoping some of you can help!
    I have a Sony ericsson w580i that's on its last legs so I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new phone for Christmas :):)
    I'd really like an iphone but my problem is this: I go to College in Belfast, but I'd come down home about every second weekend. There's no point in having an iphone if I can't use it up north (i.e The internet - hear they charge extortionate prices), or getting one up north and not being able to use it over christmas summer etc.
    So I'm wondering is there such a thing as an unlocked touch screen phone - i.e. I could put my northern sim card into it and use the internet etc on it?

I really have no clue so any advice would be really really appreciated!

Just buy an iPod touch... I've got a jailbroken iPhone and can't sync it with iTunes since I updated to iTunes 9.0.

Or buy a Nokia 5530 or something. Same spec essentially, and a good phone to boot.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Ok, so then I could use the internet wherever? How would I be charged for it though?

Thank you so much for your help!
    That all depends.I assume youre on PAYG so down here its 99c a day up to 50mb I think.O2 uk then is unlimited if you top up by £15 a month(if im thinking bout the right ads)

Advertisement