Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irvine Terrace/Sherriff Street

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Whatcha think? (in terms of price and area)

http://tinyurl.com/yjq8jvk

Little Beirut or does mud just stick? Have to admit I dont think Ive ever set foot in the area so have no first hand info. Would burglary insurance be a must or am I just a big Dublin county snob?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Lived there for years. Good community, friendly place, deadly handy location, I was never burgled. That was a long time ago, I moved from there six years ago.

3 Minuses.
    You are trapped during rush hour if you have a car.
    Small.
    Train yard can be noisy, but never bothered me. I sort of liked it.

The pluses outweighed the minuses a million times over for me

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭a_l_a_n

Interesting. I thought this might be a more active, divisive thread!

Thanks for the reply Lightening. Did you live specifically in the Irvine area or just on Sherriff St.? Looks like quite a big area on the map.

I'll probably give it a view just to check it out, but to be honest its's a bit out of my range so probably not really a runner, not unless theyre willing to negotiate that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

PM me if you need any info dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I work in this area and afaik it's grand. Not the most scenic or pretty but it looks like a nice property and reasonable rent.

From next Tuesday the luas will be running down to the point so town will definitely be more acessible for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Sheriff street certainly seems a lot better nowadays. Know a few lads from there and they're not the worst, certainly don't live up to the "sheriffer" stereotype. Seems like most places in town today, don't look for trouble and trouble wont look for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

that's not really "Sheriff St" as most people think of it though, it's East Wall

Advertisement