Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who the hel do I talk to about studying abroad!?

• 30-11-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

My dept are slow as **** and none of us know what the hell is going on with our requests to study in Ljubljana next semester. Does anybody know exactly who to talk to about the request we made?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

My dept are slow as **** and none of us know what the hell is going on with our requests to study in Ljubljana next semester. Does anybody know exactly who to talk to about the request we made?!

International office? http://international.nuim.ie/studyabroad

Or just annoy the department until they give you an answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Ljubjana? Awesome!
    I have some Slovenian friends here that are going home next semester,
    so I'm going to plan a trip there next semester some time, would be class if we could meet up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I was talking to the International office about this last year and they said that NUIM only send students for the full year rather than one semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Thucydides

Firstly, it's embarrassing to come across a fellow NUI Maynooth student swearing and using such bad grammar when asking for help from his / her fellow students.

You're a university student. Please act like one.

As regards your problem, the International Office is your first point of call.
    I studied abroad myself 2 years ago and I found them quite helpful.

Also, bear in mind that studying aborad is quite expensive. Start saving as soon as you can. You will receive some grant funding. We got around €1600, though it varies year to year. I'd imagine it would be considerably less this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Also, remember they gots em in Slovenia too. Just so you know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

About funding: if you get a grant, don't expect to get it before February. They're awful slow getting them to students abroad! So yeah, save!

You'll have a great time if you go :)

Advertisement