Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything in its right PACE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Thanks I feel a little tired after that last night. The link, is it because you are in work...some kind of firewall IT thingy?

If anyone happens to read this can you try the links. Just want to know if I'm adding them in correctly. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thanks I feel a little tired after that last night. The link, is it because you are in work...some kind of firewall IT thingy?

If anyone happens to read this can you try the links. Just want to know if I'm adding them in correctly. Cheers.

Got the song but not the garmin page, error is coming up, nice run.

Thanks lads. How about this?: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/20346291

Appreciate it.

still no joy

Woddle wrote: »
    still no joy

Thanks for your patience. How about now: Work damn it!

There is a public and private icon that I switched to public. Hope that does it.

• Advertisement

We have a winner :D

Idiotic running yesterday. It was supposed to be easy/recovery real slow. Went running with a neighbour and I couldn't bring myself to say, slow down. I will next time.

5m @ 6:59 m/m a good minute and a half pace too fast. Oops. After a day of servicing the car and other bits and pieces I never got around to eat until late. Felt rotten yesterday. So day off running today, slept it in and missed the aware race that I wanted to watch. Ah well.

16 mile LSR @ 8:10 min/mile Garmin Link

What a beautiful morning. Really really enjoyed that run. Some hills included.

1x Powerbar gel
    1x bottle water (500ml)

47 miles this week.

Off to the brooklodge in Wiclow for a shoulder and head massage, night in the hotel, dinner and lots of wine. Best present ever :D

Hangover day yesterday including dirty fry up and lots of Chinese food.

Tonights session was animal. A fartlek session. I didn't have my watch but from gmaps pedometer it was 8.3 miles http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3368406

Very fast up the hills in the Phoenix. Really really tough. Loved it.

Your going well misty, I'm really going to have to get the finger out :D
    Keep up the good work as whenever I'm not in the humour I just look to see what either you, christeb and robinph have done and that's normally enough to get me out the door.

• Advertisement

6 miler @ 8:18 min/mile
    Went for xmas dinner with some work mates. A three course meal which was great. Horrible run due to over eating earlier. Meh!

9.8mile in about 67 minutes. Another animal session. The opening mile must of been 7:50 so we were fairly motoring after. Really happy with this but raging I didn't have my Garmin. Fitness is right up there if not fitter than I've ever been. Happy.

No more VO2 or hard tempo sessions until a club handicapped 10mile race on St Stephens day.

Week 1
    • Monday: 5 mile recovery (5km race day before)
    • Tuesday: Speed session. Approx 3m (19'45) broken into hard/medium/hard etc sections and 3m warm up/down.
    • Wednesday: 5m easy
    • Thursday: 10m @ 7'01 m/m
    • Friday: 5m @ 6'59 m/m (should have been recovery)
    • Saturday: Unplanned rest. Needed.
    • Sunday: 16m @ 8'10 m/m

Total miles: 47m

Week 2
    • Monday: 0 hungover
    • Tuesday: Fartlek session. 8.3 miles with lots of hills.
    • Wednesday: 6m @ 8'18 m/m
    • Thursday: 10m @ 6'51 m/m
    • Friday: 0 bad cold :mad:
    • Saturday: 0 bad cold :mad:
    • Sunday: 15.3m @ 8'30 m/m on the threadmill. zzzzzz

Total miles: 39.6m

Delighted to hit 39m even though I lost 2 days. Hopefully this cold will clear up quickly and not move into my lungs. I've never trained with a cold but from my neck down, I felt good to go.

Got myself tickets for the Paul McCartney gig tonight :D You gotta love the beatles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Got myself tickets for the Paul McCartney gig tonight :D You gotta love the beatles.

3 hours to Macca!!!!!!

christeb wrote: »
    3 hours to Macca!!!!!!

:D Its gonna be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

My God what a show. Indescribable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

My raging jealousy over the paul mc cartney gig aside.........check this out, 10 mile race, 10 jan.

www.mallowac.ie

tunguska wrote: »
    My raging jealousy over the paul mc cartney gig aside.........check this out, 10 mile race, 10 jan.

www.mallowac.ie

hmmm don't think I'll be doing that one. I'm thinking the following over the next few months:
    • 10mile race in Phoenix park with club on st Stephens day
    • 1st Jan: Tom Brennan 5km for the craic
    • A 10 mile or half in Late Feb or early March
    • Rotterdam marathon

You seem to be loving the racing these days.

No running yesterday. Hips are sore from the 15miles on the threadmill. Sore when I run downhill or walked.

Today: 11.5 miles @ 7'41

Really nice run over some hills near athgoe/newcastle. Last 3 miles ~ 7'20 m/m and threw in about 5x100m strides. Have almost shaken off the cold.

Didn't feel 100% today. Putting that down to the cold and eh.... a Woddle special training log issue :D

Day off work today :D Finish off the shopping and a Guinness as a reward afterwards ;)

• Advertisement

hmmm don't think I'll be doing that one. I'm thinking the following over the next few months:
    • Rotterdam marathon

Hi misty I'm considering the Craughwell 10 miler on the 14th of March if your interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

• Rotterdam marathon

Yeah Im gonna do every race I possibly can. Nothing can substitute for race experience, learn something from each one. And at the very least theyre good speedwork sessions.
    You got the crimbo shooping done? Damn you sir! I havent a tap done, gonna try clear the board in one fell swoop tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭aero2k

You got the crimbo shooping done? Damn you sir! I havent a tap done, gonna try clear the board in one fell swoop tomorrow.
    You guys never heard of "outsourcing"?!!!

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi misty I'm considering the Craughwell 10 miler on the 14th of March if your interested.

Yeah would be interested alright, the date is perfect. I think there is a half up north. Can't remember the date. I should just pick one and have it in my head/plan.

Done and dusted :D Graham is working in one of those cheap shops in the square (level 3). Drop in if you're up there. What did you make of Avatar?

Aero, I'm the master of outsourcing. Yesterday though, I had to look after MrsFloyd. She gave me a piece of paper with some makeup name and a code on it. I gave it to the girl in Brown Thomas (of all places), she handed me back a tiny tiny little bottle and charged me €40. Part 2 of her gift was an electric toothbrush (again, she asked for that). So I got her a good one and bought a couple of brush heads for it for myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Yeah would be interested alright, the date is perfect. I think there is a half up north. Can't remember the date. I should just pick one and have it in my head/plan.

500 places for 10miler so dont hang about lads.

great running lately misty, your flying. think your a great advert for joining a club, seems to have made a huge difference

Thanks Kenny, your doing really well yourself! Getting back quickly. Got to say, the improvement curve has been steep since joining the club in June. Its good craic too.

Thanks for the heads up on Craughwell. I'll look into it now.

Yesterday: 6.2 miles @ 7'41 m/m
    Today: A nice hangover. No running, not that there is anywhere to run with all the ice around.

Have a great christmas.

Week 3
    • Monday: 0
    • Tuesday: 11.5 miles @ 7:41 m/m
    • Wednesday: 6m @ 7:40 m/m
    • Thursday: Rest
    • Friday: Xmas Day (Rest)
    • Saturday: 10m xc race in Phoenix with club. Finished 3rd with a PB time of 67'12. Delighted
    • Sunday: Recovery 5 miles (@8:55m/m)

Total: 32.5m (not great but xmas week with a race)

I'm delighted with yesterdays race. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/21044438 It was handicapped based on our times in recent races so 3rd doesn't really mean that much. In saying that, I worked so hard for that. Bust my balls yesderday, right from the start. First time XC and broke in my new shoes. Just delighted with a new 10m PB (Frank Duffy was 70'?? a few months ago).

Really enjoyed the XC. Tough but very satisfying. Off to Leopardstown and a well deserved (if I do say so myself) big day of boozing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

That's a great time misty. Doing that sort of time off road and on St Stephen's Day is great work.

Normally I'd be at Leopardstown on the 27th, but am not in Dublin this Christmas.

• Advertisement

Cheers Peckham. Pity you missed it, Leopardstown was great fun.

8.5 miles today @ 7'50 m/m. Felt the 10 pints of Guinness from Sunday and legs still a bit tired from Saturdays race. The wind made it really cold out there. Sounds awful but it wasn't too bad.

Loving the time off work.

Advertisement