Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything in its right PACE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

3m @ 7:30 m/m

Weather is really bad and I hate getting dressed up for a run to only hit 3m but my left calve was very sore. Hope its nothing but not the worst time to cut a run short in that weather.

Week 4 down
    • Monday: 0 hungover
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday: 3m Conditions crap and very sore calve.
    • Thursday: Forced rest 0m (calve at me, limping)
    • Friday: Lazy 0m
    • Saturday: 10m @ 8:01 m/m
    • Sunday: 15.2 m @ 8:11 m/m

Total for week: 36.7m

Need to get the calve looked at. I'll book something tomorrow. Hope that ice goes quickly, I'm sick of it now.

Nice to end the week with a decent 15m. Better still to end the week/xmas break with Leeds beating Man U in the cup. Best feeling ever.

10km in 42:50 on the sh^tmill. Thats a pace of 6:53 m/m. 2.2km cool down. I planned on running slow after yesterdays LSR but after an 8m/m I was so bored that I just increased the pace. Up and down, all over the place to take the mind off that feckin monotonous noise of it. Between that and fm104 on the gym radio I was very happy to finish.

7.6m today

Day off yesterday. Too icey and couldn't bring myself to using gym threadmill so I brought myself to McDonalds instead. Manky food.

Tonight:
    - 8.5m slow snow miles. Wasn't slippy at all for me. Lucky. Hard work though, got to be good for strength?
    - Core. Biceps, shoulders with some wimpy dumbells. Pressups and lots of different sit ups from this http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=486 Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭woundedknee

Were you running between Celbridge and Louisa Bridge?

• Advertisement

Were you running between Celbridge and Louisa Bridge?

No, Hazelhatch, then up the canal with a head lamp. I do run that way sometimes. Why do you ask?

Got talking to someone running that route tonight and just guessed it might have been you. We've probably passed each other a few times.

We've probably passed each other a few times.

I'd say so. I always give the aul nod ;) I hate that section from louisa bridge to the applegreen station. Nearly always windy and slightly uphill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Got talking to someone running that route tonight and just guessed it might have been you. We've probably passed each other a few times.

I think that might have been me, roundabout over the M4?

8.1 miles on the threadmill in 60mins (~7:24m/m).

24.2miles this week with a day off so I'm happy with that. LSR at the weekend will have to be across grass in the Phoenix.

• Advertisement

I always give the aul nod ;)

Snap.
    I think that might have been me, roundabout over the M4?

Yes and that was me. Didn't want to stop you on the way back as you were moving at a fair pace.

Worth checking out the canal towpath if you're looking for an easy run route. I ran it tonight and don't think i'll be missing any runs during this cold spell.

6.8 miles (11km) on the threadmill. Maybe 8 m/m, I didn't pay attention.

Diet sucks. Starting Monday, I'm going to log the crap I eat during the day. I could start tomorrow I know but I'm not. I'm going to stop eating crap food!!!!

10.2 miles on the threadmill @ 8m/m. I would have gone outside today for a 16m but I've got a cold :mad: and didn't wanna get that cold air in the lungs.

Couldn't bring myself to doing the 16 on the threadmill plus my hips don't like it. As suggested by someone here on boards, audiobooks are a good idea. Passed the time nicely. Ian Rankins - 'the complaints' is good so far.

Today 15.5 miles on the threadmill @ 8m/m
    • Monday: 7.6m Threadmill (Tm) miles. Included 10km @ 6:53m/m
    • Tuesday: 0 Lazy
    • Wednesday: 8.5m slow & Core workout
    • Thursday: 8.1m (Tm) @ 7:24 m/m
    • Friday: 6.8m @ 8m/m
    • Saturday: 10.2m (Tm) @ 8:00 m/m
    • Sunday: 15.5 m (Tm) @ ~ 8:00 m/m (probably quicker)

Total for week: 56.7m
    Very happy with the week considering I've a mild cold. Some threadie miles I know but miles are miles in my eyes and to me they were harder than on roads.

11th Jan: Rest required. Core workout.

12th Jan: 10.2 miles on ice free concrete and grass @ 7:44m/m. This was laps around work where they cleared the paths of snow and ice. The roads on site were light on traffic too. Grass sections were like a paddy field but overall just delighted to not worry about ice or threadmills. Desperate wind out there so overall I'm happy enough with pace because I didn't push that hard.

13th Jan

Long/Big run recommended in one of Tergats posts. 2m warm up / 4x2m @ HMP - MP with 2min jog in between / 6x100m @ 5km pace (100m jog in between) / 2 mile cool down (Total 14m at least)

The MP/HMP miles (4x2):
    6:54
    6:50
    6:55
    6:57
    6:51
    6:57
    7:06
    7:04......Last two were not easy. First 6 felt good.

Overall it was at least 14m & overall pace @ 7:26. That was a tough session but I really enjoyed it. Use a gel next time for these. Easy run tomorrow.

14th Jan

Very slow 6miles with a mate. Really enjoyed this and stretched for ages afterwards. Legs and body felt better after compared to before the run.

15th Jan

Core workout
    5.5 miles @ 7:58. Windy conditions, that was ok but I didn't feel this one. Legs tired from the increase in mileage and I don't think I've eaten enough this week. Working on that now.

16th Jan

18.5 miles LSR with hills and last 3.5 miles @ PMP.

First 5 miles were horrible. Thoughts of quitting entered my head and thoughts of 'marathon running.... I'm not cut out for it'. Legs woke up after that. I took a wrong turn, which turned out to be great as it meant I covered lots of miles

Last 3.5 miles were @: 7:20/7:02/7:01/6:48 (half mile). Overall pace 7:42m/m

These felt alright which I'm delighted and surprised with.

Breakfast: Bowl porridge with honey. I boiled egg. Two biscuits. 700ml water
    During run: 2 x Hi5 gels. No water because I got lost and missed the shop and bottle I stashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Nice run there misty. Are you doing Rotterdam, what's the target time?

• Advertisement

rigal wrote: »
    Nice run there misty. Are you doing Rotterdam, what's the target time?

Cheers rigal. Yes I'm doing Rotterdam, 12 weeks to go. I've just started to think about target time. Would be happy with sub 3:15 which is what I thought I was good for in Dublin. This time around, I'm going to cover a lot more miles and more marathon specific sessions so dare I say 3:10. Must catch up with your log, I think we had similar marathon times in Dublin if I remember right?.....3:25ish?

SIZE="1"]goes off for a nosey[/SIZE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

Nice running misty. Hope you're taking lots of confidence from that - not just because it was a great session, but also because you recovered from a low point at the start.

You are right Peckham. How I felt at the end of it was in complete contrast to the opening 5 miles. I'm well pleased and a lot more confident.

You are nailing sessions at the moment. Savage 21miler today, speed and distance....well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

decent run there today and at a decent pace too!

liked your workout the other day too, must work up to that one (the 4*2mile)

best of luck with the next 12 weeks...

tisnotover wrote: »
    decent run there today and at a decent pace too!

liked your workout the other day too, must work up to that one (the 4*2mile)

best of luck with the next 12 weeks...

Thanks tisnotover. Yeah that Tergat run is great. Its broken into lots of parts so it keeps the mind active and I like 'only' having two miles to run hard followed by 2min easy. Fast stuff in there and you end up with lots of miles in the bag. I think I'll do those every Tuesday instead of the speed work with the club.

Week 6 down (12 to go)
    • Monday: Rest. Core workout
    • Tuesday: 10.2 @ 7'44 m/m
    • Wednesday: 2m warm up / 4x2m @ HMP - MP with 2min jog in between / 6x100m @ 5km pace (100m jog in between) / 2 mile cool down (Total 14m at least)
    • Thursday: V slow 6 miles
    • Friday: 5.5 @ 7:58 m/m
    • Saturday: 18.5 miles LSR with hills and last 3.5 miles @ PMP. Overall pace 7:42m/m
    • Sunday: 6.2 miles @ 7:58 recovery run

Total for week: 60.4m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Cheers rigal. Yes I'm doing Rotterdam, 12 weeks to go. I've just started to think about target time. Would be happy with sub 3:15 which is what I thought I was good for in Dublin. This time around, I'm going to cover a lot more miles and more marathon specific sessions so dare I say 3:10. Must catch up with your log, I think we had similar marathon times in Dublin if I remember right?.....3:25ish?

SIZE=1]goes off for a nosey[/SIZE

Yeah, I did Amsterdam the week before Dublin in a shade under 3:27. You're in a different league now though with all the miles you're racking up. Sub 3:10 is on if you keep up the quality training.

Monday 18th Jan
    Rest but I skipped my core workout. Simply not arsed.

Tuesday 19th Jan
    Interval session with the club. 800m (uphill) and ~750m (flat) sections at a good clip (maybe 6min/mile?). Jog 2 mins inbetween. Lasted about 33mins. Slow miles warm up and cool down. Most captured here

Very happy how I finished the speed section of this workout, I felt very strong and could have belted out lots more. Skipped Tergats long/big run as wanted to run with company. Not sure if this shorter fast stuff is the perfect thing for marathon training but there ya go.

Wednesday 20th Jan

10m easy 7:57 min/mile. Slept for 1.5 hrs after work today. The extra miles are making me more tired in work but I'll get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good luck with the training misty. YOu do most of your training up in the phoenix park?

Advertisement