Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove and solar panels

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hey folks

I was just wondering is it possible to use a stove in the house I was thinking one like this one

http://www.thestoveshop.ie/site/product_info.php?products_id=304&osCsid=2b36c0214951e9d4dd200c883ee72e7f

its heats the water and the rads as well as heating the front room.

Is it possible to use this in connection with the solar panels, so that you can use one to heat the hot water or indeed one to boost the other if the weather etc isnt good. What I mean is will the water that these heat end up together in the tank.

I hope this makes sense, thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Paddyc

No problem with the stove and solar panels, but you will need to fit a twin coil tank.
    1 coil for the stove and 1 coil for the solar, you can also fit a triple coil for oil/gas.
    The coils are seperate to each other but within the 1 tank.

Hope this helps

CC

Advertisement