Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold night ahead

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi everyone
    as we all know it is freezing outside tonight will my dog be ok outside tonight ??? she is a 10 month old retriever x. sorry for my ignorance i dont reall know what a dogs tolerance for the cold is :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Ah bring her in... Its bloody freezing out there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I'd bring her in. she'll love the warmth and you'll love the company. we can tell you've a heart if you're thinking of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

def bring her in, too cold to put a milk bottle out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Bring her in for the night. Her gratitude will make you very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Hi Paul,
    My older dogs are usually outside at night but tonight they're staying indoors, its freezing out there, I tried to bring Molly (German Shepherd) out for a wee and she just didn't want to go out. No way am I putting them out tonight. If you decide to keep your lad indoors tonight, make sure he's as confined as possible, least distractions obviously, you don't want to wake up to a wrecked room in the morning. No food or water in the room if he's used to being outdoors. Try to get him to "Go" outside before you shut up for the night to lessen the risk of cleaning up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 paulbhoy

think i will leave her in.............. she outside at the moment hopefully nature is calling dont want any surprises:eek::eek: in the morning !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

paulbhoy wrote: »
    think i will leave her in.............. she outside at the moment hopefully nature is calling dont want any surprises:eek::eek: in the morning !!!!

Glad you are keeping her in :)
    I keep my dogs in every night, I always have suprises in the morning. Mop it up, pick it up, takes less then 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

hey OP - any suprises this morning? had my German Shep, Lab/Boxer and three GS mix (10 weeks old) pups in the kitchen last night, only two pee's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paulbhoy

no surprises at all very well behaved :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

i bet she loved the nice warm inside :D it was bitter outside last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

gypsygirl wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I tried to bring Molly (German Shepherd) out for a wee and she just didn't want to go out. .

Our retriever puppy has been the same for the last week or so - luckily he's 5 (next week) and can hold on until the morning

Advertisement