Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Christmas '09 Deals

• 01-12-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Just got a dose of the E74 "disease" tonight :(

Now, due of the facts that a) I don't want to potentially have a Christmas without a 360 if the Microsoft repair is late coming back and b) was thinking anyway about upgrading to an elite, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one. Was thinking that maybe a Mod could sticky this thread or create another one like it as a sticky, to have one place where all the relevant current Xbox deals can be seen.

Its beginning to get a bit mad between Bargain Alerts and Xbox forums with all the different threads on deals out there. This is just a suggestion, so please feel free to rebuke as necessary :D (It can always be deleted in January)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Just got a dose of the E74 "disease" tonight :(

Now, due of the facts that a) I don't want to potentially have a Christmas without a 360 if the Microsoft repair is late coming back and b) was thinking anyway about upgrading to an elite, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one. Was thinking that maybe a Mod could sticky this thread or create another one like it as a sticky, to have one place where all the relevant current Xbox deals can be seen.

Its beginning to get a bit mad between Bargain Alerts and Xbox forums with all the different threads on deals out there. This is just a suggestion, so please feel free to rebuke as necessary :D (It can always be deleted in January)

Can I rebuke you for spending money on another xbox just because you don't want to do without it for 2 weeks? Seems a tad ridiculous if I'm completely honest, giving MS more money for a flawed console :confused: The elite only has HDMI as a real advantage, games play just as good on the old 360's - Save the HDMI money, get yourself a nice big hard drive a few games? I buy a console and expect to keep it until it becomes uneconomical to repair or until it's phased out, this whole "upgrade" the 360 thing baffles me - it's not a PC

Also, won't this thread just turn into people crossposting bargains from the BA forum? The "smyths deal" thread already fits the purpose of the thread you're suggesting this turn into anyways, it's not just about the smyth's deal anymore :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Can I rebuke you for spending money on another xbox just because you don't want to do without it for 2 weeks? Seems a tad ridiculous if I'm completely honest, giving MS more money for a flawed console :confused: The elite only has HDMI as a real advantage, games play just as good on the old 360's - Save the HDMI money, get yourself a nice big hard drive a few games? I buy a console and expect to keep it until it becomes uneconomical to repair or until it's phased out, this whole "upgrade" the 360 thing baffles me - it's not a PC

Also, won't this thread just turn into people crossposting bargains from the BA forum? The "smyths deal" thread already fits the purpose of the thread you're suggesting this turn into anyways, it's not just about the smyth's deal anymore :p

Absolutely sound advice there, thing is though, can I depend on the refurb to come back within 2 weeks and then can I depend on it not blowing again afterwards? As such was really thinking of getting the original fixed and then selling it on Adverts (with the truth that it had been repaired of course) to recoup some of the losses.

Regardless of my lunacy of reasoning, if the "Smyths" thread becomes the main Deals thread then that's coolio by me. Just looking for a single spot to browse the most current offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Other advantage is larger HD. My xbox only has a 20GB and its not adequate anymore. With the price of the HD's separately its almost worth it to just buy a new xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Jim wrote: »
    Other advantage is larger HD. My xbox only has a 20GB and its not adequate anymore. With the price of the HD's separately its almost worth it to just buy a new xbox.

Get yourself a second hand 360 hard drive? I picked up a hard drive from an elite bundle off a guy for €70. Nowhere near the €220+ for the cheapest elite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Dunnes have the arcade for E159

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Dunnes have the arcade for E159

Good to know. Do you know if they are on display or behind the counters so you could check if they are Jaspers? When I bought my xbox I took a look in Dunnes at the time, but they were all the old processor models (not that it matters, I got the newer one from Gamestop, but thats only lasted 2 years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

they had boxes on display don't know if they were empty though.
    i was just walking passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

Is there a CODMW2 pack ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yep you can get a 250gb elite with mw2 for 299 in game last time i checked, with 2 controllers or a 120gb elite with 1 control and mw2 in xtravision for 249. there is loads of offers out there with mw2, check the link in my sig for a list of them all for all the major shops, shop around too though the deals are changing daily around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Picked up a 360 elite with two wireless controllers, Pure, batman lego, mirriors edge and Fifa2010 for 249, exhcanged Mirrios for Gears 2 as it was reduced to 18 squid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm looking for:

Xbox elite with MW2 (not necessarily the 250gig version, 120 is probably fine)
    Extra wireless controller
    Headset (wireless/wired isn't important)
    Wireless adaptor
    1 year's live access

What's the best deal on that that people have seen?
    So far this seems to be the closest i'm going to get (buying MW2 seperately) is http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/507265
    but that's probably nothing like the price they'll charge here in Ireland for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

The elite only has HDMI as a real advantage

My arcade version from Christmas last year has got HDMI and I was under the impression that all versions of the console now come with that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Ste.phen wrote: »
    I'm looking for:

Xbox elite with MW2 (not necessarily the 250gig version, 120 is probably fine)
    Extra wireless controller
    Headset (wireless/wired isn't important)
    Wireless adaptor
    1 year's live access

What's the best deal on that that people have seen?
    So far this seems to be the closest i'm going to get (buying MW2 seperately) is http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/507265
    but that's probably nothing like the price they'll charge here in Ireland for it...

Check harvey normans for xbox deals , they had an elite for only 180 euro last saturday watch out for the adds on tv, and the newspaper, also game stop have a 120 gig elite with 2 controllers , pure , fifa and batman and a wireless adapter for E 269.99

Advertisement