Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- December 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunniest Dec day in my 6 year record....I know the shortest day
    6.6hr
    Max 6.2C
    -0.9c atm
    min -2.1C just after 9am.

max was briefly 3.5c

-1.6c here currently.
    Tw'as -1.7c a few moments ago and theres a light westerly breeze at that.

The ground temp must be brutal as the ice was so hard today that it took my full wight and I'm a big lad!

max was briefly 3.5c

-1.6c here currently.
    Tw'as -1.7c a few moments ago and theres a light westerly breeze at that.

The ground temp must be brutal as the ice was so hard today that it took my full wight and I'm a big lad!
    Good to see your station up and running. :)

The ice not near as thick here. It didn't take my weight and I'm not such a big lad! :D
    But then the temp here has been generally 1-3C higher here

-1.5C at moment.
    Grass -5.5C
    5cm soil 1.2C, was 0.8C at 9am.

I'd say your 5cm soil temp may well be sub zero with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's snowing very lightly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Bitterly cold and no snow, cloudy.

• Advertisement

continually cloudy here at the moment. doing lots of lamp post watching but nothing is doing:mad:

Breezy 1C, mainly clear atm.
    Min -1.8C early in night.
    grass min -7.1C
    5cm soil down to +0.4C
    10cm 1.2C
    The ground is getting hard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

calm,temp gauge says -6,and thats 200 yards from the sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same as yesterday. Bright cold still, the whiff of gas and coal hangs on the air, bleugh.

-2.7C
    Dp-4.0C
    Grass -8C
    Clear

All time Dec low of -4.6C under threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Pretty sure it's warmer (or at least, less cold) in Sligo town this evening compared to this time yesterday - only a thin layer of ice on the car when I finished work. Didn't see any precipitation today either, so somewhat less treacherous on the roads in the town, though I'm pretty sure my "drive" into town was more of a controled slide.

I have perfected the art of skating up and down streets in my grip-less work shoes - if anyone wants lessons gimmie a shout (it'll have to wait til the ice is gone so I can travel. Hmmm, that may not help ;))

The fog has lifted and with it the temperature has risen to a balmy 1c.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cloudy,+1 deg c,nice here by the fire:D

i can see cloud to the very west of me. i wonder are there showers on the west coast.

meanwhile the sky now is like what you'd expect to see in colder climates, set against the snow it makes for a wonderful vista!!

Light rain now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Whadafau

Help ! Does anyone know what weather conditions will be like in north kerry for next tuesday ? I have invited family and friends to my grandmothers 80th and think I should cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Don't worry too much about snowy or icy conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

-8.2c here in Mayo (Ballinrobe, 20kms west of Claremorris)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

you wont beleive how cold it is here its -11.2c and hoar frost is everywhere i wonder how cold well stay anyone know if we could stay above -5c in egliton its -8c and foggy there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

One of the lowest temperatures ive ever recorded here in Ireland! The receiver is in the middle of my garden in the roof of a bird table about 2m off the ground.99885.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Right now it's sunny and -8.8ºC in Omagh, Co. Tyrone.

It hit -10.6ºC overnight.

a balmy -3.3 here. i think it's safe to say we'll not see temperatures this cold again through the rest of the winter.

a balmy -3.3 here. i think it's safe to say we'll not see temperatures this cold again through the rest of the winter.
    While I realise this is not really a discussion thread but I don't know how you can say this with certainty, especially with what are usually the 2 coldest months to come.

Cloudy 4C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Just watching swans try to land on the canal outside Maynooth - poor things are sliding everywhere - hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

+ 4 deg and the sun is setting. Still thick frost on the ground but had a lovely sunny day. Happy Christmas to all weather watchers!

Mothman wrote: »
    While I realise this is not really a discussion thread but I don't know how you can say this with certainty, especially with what are usually the 2 coldest months to come.

Cloudy 4C

yes that's a fair point. sorry. What i should have said is it's unlikely that we'll see nightime temperatures as low as -9 again.

meanwhile it's Foggy here now and the temperature has dropped back to -1.

yes that's a fair point. sorry. What i should have said is it's unlikely that we'll see nightime temperatures as low as -9 again.

meanwhile it's Foggy here now and the temperature has dropped back to -1.

well i think its possible considering this time last night it was -3c and now its -6.5c after a max of -3.1c but that will only happen if it dosnt get cloudy!:mad:

fozzle wrote: »
    Just watching swans try to land on the canal outside Maynooth - poor things are sliding everywhere - hilarious!
    Had this in my own patch with four swans on my frozen pond last night. They managed to take off today after failing yesterday. Getting out of here is always a struggle for them. For a moment yesterday, I thought I wsa going to loose a window, but the swan got to the roof instead and slid off. I removed an area of ice last night for them, which wasn't easy, but they chose to sit it out on the ice instead.
    Hopefully they'll realise to keep to salt estuaries for the time being.

Mainly cloudy today. Temp on a slow slide, 3.2C, Dp +1.0C in a chilly northerly

the wind is picking up ever so slightly. the temperature is still at -3c despite the cloud rolling in.

• Advertisement

min overnight of -10.6c and a current temp of -8.1c and still rising cloud coming in now hopefully all of the band will be of snow for here then stop....

Advertisement