Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- December 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Frost, ice etc. -1.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

-3.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

0.2C here very frosty, roads are sparkling again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-2.1°C, going to be a rather cold minima for here tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-.2.3c. it's still very dodgy in parts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Coldest night of month, thankfully because I had 3 days on -3.4C previously.
    -3.7C and I can see it dropping below -4C yet.
    Clear and calm

I haven't checked grass min, but I'd say in region of -10C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

God ,its a tight morning out there, there has been a huge ice rink behind my house for the last 8 days now, with a few inches of thick ice. The ice rink has got even worse since the snow melted and now its bare ice.
    No sign of it going away, everything has frozen again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sounds like the road here.. worse than ever today as we gazed over the gate at it..

Only the "cats" are out feeding stock now,

And the snow in the field is almost solid ice too.

But the taps I left open are still dripping...
    Pangea wrote: »
    God ,its a tight morning out there, there has been a huge ice rink behind my house for the last 8 days now, with a few inches of thick ice. The ice rink has got even worse since the snow melted and now its bare ice.
    No sign of it going away, everything has frozen again

-1.4c and mostlycloudy for the last hour.
    White and frozen everywhere much like the rest of the country.

dp -1.9c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-2.6c here atm. Min overnight -3.3c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and sunny as per usual round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

The bits that thawed yesterday froze over again last night. Today temperature is below zero so there is no thaw. Bald ice on all our little roads. Conditions are trecherous. Our water pipes are frozen and we have no water:( The prospect of of more snow and freezing temperatures is not appealing..

It has clouded up here and suddenly feels much colder; skies look ominous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

3 deg,wind freshing from the east, black clouds gathering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Overcast here in Mayo. There is freezing fog now and by estimation the temperature is well below zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Will be interesting to see what happens to DP in the southern stations on IWN.
    Annamoe is sub zero, i wonder if that will rise significantly in the precip, am starting to get a little concerned we are going to be obliterated looking at the 12z here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Got to be sub-zero here in Sligo. It's about 10degrees inside the shop and I know this morning at 10am it was -5 outside. Brrrr.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

fairly heavy rain now,there wil be fun in the morning if it freezes tonight

Rain easing to heavy showers,5deg,easterly wind 5-6

Dark wet windy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 inishtrish

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone knows what the road/weather conditions are like enroute from Westport to Ennis?

Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain, NE winds of up to 40km, 4.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Wet Snow falling in Tipp Town for the last hour and a half....

very light bits of rain now in a strengthening north easterly breeze. the moon is peeking through the clouds at times. i wish it would just clear up completely at this stage instead of this messing that's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Magnum wrote: »
    Wet Snow falling in Tipp Town for the last hour and a half....

That was at 19.30. At this present moment in time everything is starting to melt

Showers, 3deg,wind north easterly 3-4.(no snow)

3c

the snow shield remains firmly in place- with just bits of rain at times. nearly all of the snow has melted by now.

Sleety snow here since around 9 am.

Varies from minute to minute...

Atop of the snow still lying.

Wet windy cold. Bleugh.

• Advertisement

the milder airmass is taking a beating at the moment but despite this the heavy sleety rain still won't turn to snow yet.

wah wah worst cold spell ever:D

Advertisement