Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox and PS3

• 01-12-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey i am getting a XBOX for crimbo (thank yu girlfriend) and my bro has a PS3 in the same house..we have crappy 3mb perlico..what i would like to know is...

1) Would the two consoles playing online slow down the network?

2) Would two consoles affect my download cap...considering my bro plays all-day every-day?

3) should i upgarde my broadband?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Thanks man just doing some research before the big day...24 more!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

moikey i have two 360`s, one laptop and one pc running on eircom 3meg bb.
    No problems at all even when both consoles and pc are used for gaming at same time while the wife surfs or streams on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

xbox beats PS3 on price hands down with the game i want included in the box i.e. call of duty......any good reason why I should consider PS3 excluding the blueray arguement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

emick wrote: »
    xbox beats PS3 on price hands down with the game i want included in the box i.e. call of duty......any good reason why I should consider PS3 excluding the blueray arguement?

Whichever one most of your friends have would be the one to go for. Also most people prefer the Xbox controller. There are plenty of other threads on the topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

360 is a lot better than PS3 online.
    Controller is better, if you want MW2 the 360 version is superior in both framerate and gfx according to this
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off?page=3

QUOTE from said article "he Xbox 360's marginally superior visuals and significantly smoother performance gives it an undoubted edge over the PlayStation 3 game, and this translates directly into a tangibly better gameplay experience."

BUT it really depends where most of your mates are playing :)

PC beats both though :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have both and I find I use the XBOX more, and definitely more for the online side of things. The PS3 is a new addition but I'm finding I play single-player PS3-exclusive titles on it more then anything (like the excellent Uncharted and GT Prologue) at which it excels.

DeV.

Advertisement