Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet friendly holidays

Options
  • 01-12-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of taking their dogs abroad, particularly to Paris or London (or know another dog friendly city)? I'm thinking of taking my 2 Cavaliers away with me next year for a long weekend. I'd love to hear from anyone who has already done this and could recommend a hotel. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We brought Holly to France this year. Basically everywhere is dog friendly - incl most hotels. Best to check in advance of booking, just in case. We had a great time, bringing her everywhere - restaurants etc. London is not as dog friendly, by a LONG shot. If you really want to have a holiday with your pup, bring them to the continent.

Now is the perfect time to get your vaccinations in gear if you're thinking of going away next Summer. Here is all the info from Pete the Vet - http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=25939&locID=1.65.74.145&pagename=

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Great photo!
    Thanks for the advice, would you recommend the hotel you stayed in in France with your dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Great photo!
    Thanks for the advice, would you recommend the hotel you stayed in in France with your dog?

Well we travelled around a good bit - they were all good. We stayed in some Hotels/B&Bs/Guesthouses/Mobile Homes! All were great for the dog, so it just came down to personal taste really. The only thing I'd say about hanging around Paris is, are your dogs good on the lead & will they sit quietly at your feet when you're having dinner? Otherwise, your holiday might be a little stressful if you're trying to control them all the time, as you're probably not going to leave them in the hotel when you go out for dinner. You can bring them on the Metro if they're in a bag (or probably in your arms)

Advertisement