Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Giving Honest Feedback in a Feedback thread

Options
  • 01-12-2009 3:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Right

So 6th has banned me AGAIN from the CT Forum, I made a comment in the FEEDBACK thread when I noticed Scofflaws name on the Mod list, I then had a closer look and realised that Scofflaw wasnt the new CT Mod so I deleted the Post.

In my Deleted post I commented that I didnt think He'd be a very good addition to the Forum and gave my honest reasons

So I gave Feedback to the Mods in a Feedback thread and get s six month ban for it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Exact phrasing of your deleted post?

But yeah, pm the mod, pm the Cat mod, take it to Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

This is pretty clear cut. Here is the post:
    well I see we have had 2 new Mods added

I dont know much about Nesf

But Scofflaw, Jaysus, did no one pay the slightest bit of attention when I said the Forum neede Balance, not more condescending F-wits

Mahatma coat has discussed this with the mods by PM. I for one will not be lifting this ban.

The reason for the 6 month ban is that you are not even a week back from your last ban which was for 1 month. Here is your recent ban history from the forum:

2009-10-26 - 1 Month
    2009-10-06 - 48hr ban for trolling
    2009-07-28 - 1 Month (this was reduced to 2 weeks)
    2009-06-11 - 7 Day
    2009-05-18 - 1 Day

As you can see it follows the common guide of an escalation of each ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

There was a boards-wide announcement recently about how to deal with complaints:

1) PM the moderators
    2) If that doesn't resolve things, involve the relevant Cat Mod
    3) If that doesn't resolve things, take it to Helpdesk
    4) Do not take it to the Feedback forum.

I'm not even discussiing this issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So I gave Feedback to the Mods in a Feedback thread and get s six month ban for it.

So let me get this right. You call a new Category Mod a condescending F**kwit and you wonder why you got a ban?

In my opinion, that was the last straw. You should be permanently banned form the forum.
    bonkey wrote: »
    There was a boards-wide announcement recently about how to deal with complaints:

1) PM the moderators
    2) If that doesn't resolve things, involve the relevant Cat Mod
    3) If that doesn't resolve things, take it to Helpdesk
    4) Do not take it to the Feedback forum.

I'm not even discussiing this issue here.

What bonkey said.

Follow the correct procedure, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement