Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog-athsma?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

I posted a thread here a few week ago concerned about my dogs (beagle) cough. I went to the vet (after going the first time and being told itd clear up itself, which it didnt). I got him some medicine to break up phlegm and antibiotics.

Thats finished about two weeks now, and while the cough is gone for the most part, when he gets excited it comes back and he starts panting as if he cant breath. He literally stops on the spot and starts semi-shaking and panting loudly and rough-sounding. Ive never seen a dog do this before, so maybe im overreacting but i dont want to bring him down to the vet again if its nothing to worry about (but will if there is of course). Otherwise hes the model pet-v well tempered, eats and drinks fine etc.

Does this happen or does my dog have athsma or something? its the only thing it reminds me of, or hper-ventilating. Doesnt usually last too long and he calms down with a pet and cuddle. Just dont want it to develop into something worse by leaving it if it is something of concern...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Best way to be 100% sure is to at least call your vet and explain - they can tell you if it's normal recovery behaviour or if it's a sign of something else.

Advertisement