Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Receiver To Receive HD UPC From Czech Republic !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have dound out that all receivers will pick up all satellites, but it depends on the dish size. My friend has a 60cm dish. Will that be big enough for astra 1 satellite???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

The box you found is no good for what you want to do. This box is like a sky box ie you can manually add channels but to what them is a pain in the a$$. To pickup UPC you need to have a dish of about 60cm (bigger is better 80 would be perfect) and point it at 19.2east. You'll need a set top box with a CAM (80ish pounds) to read your UPC card.
    Good HD boxes are very expensive. Most people from abroad usually brings the box and card with them and installs a cheap dish after. This is normally most cost effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks Tom

I will check it out :)

Advertisement